THE MASJID.

Ilaria's POV:

I slept for about four and a half hours last night—by the time I finally fell asleep, it was probably around 5:30 in the morning, and it's now 9am —but I can't miss breakfast with Amina, Abdullah, and Fayez. If I don't show, it will get me in trouble with my baba and I guess I should try to get onto Abdullah's good side since he's going to be my father-in-law. But does it really matter? He seems to have created an opinion of me based on the fact that I was running late for dinner and wanted to interrogate me.

I got out of bed, showered, brushed my teeth, got dressed, and mentally prepared myself to face Fayez after yesterday as well as his baba. But Amina was really sweet.

It was 10am by the time I finished getting ready, I wore a cream-colored two-piece linen set with a black bodysuit and black chiffon hijab.

When I got to the table only my baba was there and he was drinking a cup of chai

When I got to the table only my baba was there and he was drinking a cup of chai. "Assalamualaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu baba." "Walaikum salaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu Ilaria, how was your sleep." "Short but good," I answered on a yawn. "Oh, why is that?" he asked. "I couldn't fall asleep," I said as Amina, Abdullah, and Fayez came into the dining room.

"Assalamualaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu," my baba said once he set his eyes on the people walking into the room. "Assalamualaykum," I said after him. They all replied in unison as they took their seats at the table.

Fayez was sitting right in front of me and we made eye contact which we held for a couple of seconds before he shifted his gaze to my baba. I knew he was thinking about last night but tried to ignore the thought.

"How was your night?" I asked as I shifted my gaze to Amina and Abdullah. Only Amina replied with "Lovely you have a beautiful home." Abdullah stayed quiet which was not surprising in the least. I gave her a tight-lipped smile before she asked how my night was. I glanced at Fayez before answering and he was trying to tell me no by shaking his head, but I continued to answer anyway. "I couldn't sleep much and was feeling hungry, but MashaAllah your son is an amazing cook, I've never come across a man who could cook before, you've raised him well." Before I could even finish my sentence Abduallah's head snapped to Fayez and there was rage in his eyes. Fayez kept his head low while his baba had a disgusted glare on his face.

Amina gave me a slight nod but was distracted by her husband and son. "You cooked for her?" Abdullah said in a tone that did not match his facial expression at all. It was so calm compared to his face which was filled with anger, I could see Amina tense when he spoke but didn't pay much attention to it. "Cooking is a woman's job, Fayez. I have told you this countless times, you're a man, the prince of Giza, you don't belong in the kitchen!" Abdullah said as his voice grew louder. A smile made its way onto my face and I couldn't help but let out a small laugh. I found it kind of funny he thinks this way, it's not surprising in the least. All heads turned to me as the laugh escaped my throat. "What's so funny?" Abdullah asked me. I scoffed "I just find it funny how you believe a woman's place is in the kitchen when food is a necessity and most men can't even prepare it, I mean, you need food to survive and you just don't know how to cook it, so that's embarrassing," I stated with a smile. I was positive I could see steam coming out of his ears and nostrils from how mad he was but honestly, I was done with the conversation so I got up and excused myself.