Chapter 67: Overbearing In-Laws

Start from the beginning

I flinched at the name and glanced at the alpha. He looked just as surprised.

My mother sat up straight. "The weddings not far off. He'll be under your care soon enough."

Groaning, I hid my face in her shoulder. "I'll never be considered an adult."

"You never think a damn thing through, so it's your own fault. This werewolf thing turned out far better than I could have planned."

I gave her a confused expression. "You swore."

"The occasion called for it sweetheart," she patted my leg. "I had a lot of pent of emotion the last couple of hours. I need to get some of it out." She cleared her throat. "So Xavier, have you thought of a proper punishment?"

The alpha laughed softly to himself. "Grounded sounds like a good one."

"Werewolves are grounded?" she questioned.

Xavier shook his head. "Not exactly. Restricted access, not allow out of the cave are popular punishments. Extra chores as well."

My shoulder sagged. He was given her too many ideas.

"Sounds perfect to me. He'll need something to do while he's sitting at home."

I bit my cheek. "How long?"

"Until the wedding," stated Xavier. "Someone will take you to and from school. No more chances. What Darius said is true. You're a part of this pack, and practically my son-in-law." He leaned back on his arms. "That's of course if Karen would allow me to put you under my jurisdiction as well as your parents."

"Sounds lovely."

Running my hands down my face, I groaned. "Fine, I get it." I let out a deep breath. "I deserve it, anyways." I stared at the entrance to the room where Titus was sleeping.

"Go on sweetheart." My mom gave my hand a squeeze. "We're staying the night, and I'm sure Titus would prefer if you spent this time with him."

"Thanks." I glanced around at everyone. "Good night."

They all wished me good night as I crossed the room. I pulled back the hid covering the door. A small lantern was sitting in the corner. Titus was sleeping soundly. I knelt at his side and adjusted the fur around him. Brushing back his hair, I leaned down and kissed his forehead. He started to stir.

His eyes opened, and he smiled. "Hey."

"How are you feeling?"

"Like someone punched a few holes through me," he said with a chuckle.

I didn't find it funny. I was the one who caused it. Mates were supposed to protect each other, and I had only hurt Titus. Hunters had tried to kill him twice because of me.

"I didn't mean anything by it, Aden."

"I know," I muttered, turning away to roughly wipe my face on my sleeve.

"You're a mess," he tugged on the bottom of my shirt.

"So are you," I replied, through my tears.

"Aden don't," he reached for me. "Don't cry, I've had my ass kicked enough for one day."

"You're not funny." I covered my face and took deep breaths to stay calm.

"Aden." He squeezed my hand. "Come here."

I pulled my shirt off and undid my pants. Slipping them off, I climbed under the covers with him. I sunk down lower enough that my head won't touch his shoulder and curled into his side.