Jamie} Insecurity

Summary: It's your cousin's wedding and you need something nice to wear

You're standing in front of the mirror in the shop's change room clothed in a black dress that stops midthigh. 

You fell in love with it the moment you saw it, but now you're having second thoughts. Not about the dress– but how it looks on you. You weren't sure if your ( whatever your body type is) suited it.

"Y/N sweetheart, are you finished?" A voice calls. "No rush, but I want to see you in that sexy dress." - That was your boyfriend, Jamie.

The Jamie Campbell Bower, famous actor and singer/ songwriter. You had been dating after an interview you had with him, and had hit it off immediately.

You take a deep breath and walk out of the change room, a nervous smile flitting over your face.

Jamie opens his mouth, momentarily speechless. "Woah, those loose clothes of yours were hiding a lot."

Shit. Every guy you'd ever dated always pointed out how (body type) you were. You had thought– hoped that Jamie would be different, but you must have been wrong...

Jamie must see your face fall because he steps closer, tilting your chin to look at him. "Darling what's wrong– was it something I said?"

You turn away. "Every guy I've ever been with has always –" Your voice cracks. "I'm not pretty. That's why I never wear clothes like this... I just - I'm ugly." You barely manage to force the word out.

Jamie doesn't agree with you, or turn to leave. 

Instead- he smiles sadly. "No baby girl – about what I said before: I meant that I've never seen you in something like this. Whoever said that is toxic and doesn't deserve you.."

When you don't answer he pulls you into his chest, cradling you. "People say I'm too skinny or too woke, but I don't let that get to me– I try not to at least."

You shake your head in disbelief. "You're so amazing, what do you mean?"

Jamie shakes his head. "I'm not. And saying you're not beautiful is like saying that Harry Styles isn't fucking amazing."

Startled laughter leaves your throat.

"There she is," Jamie whispers, his breath hot against the nape of your neck. "You're beautiful inside and out, and if people can't see it, they're missing out." he chuckles. "Well, at least you're all mine."

You feel a smile creep up to your lips, a real genuine smile. "Should I get the dress then?"

Jamie pulls away and looks at you, his thumb brushing over your lips. "You'll look perfect no matter what you wear."

You nod, laughing nervously. "I think I'll get the dress then."

"I'd better make sure that you aren't sexier than the bride– I'd have to marry you on the spot."

You know it's a joke but the words comfort you– and  heat up your cheeks. You give your boyfriend a quick kiss before heading to the counter to pay for the garment.

AN: Well... there's that. Pls send requests and vote if you liked it.

--The Author