Chapter 5: Dusk Silhouettes

Start from the beginning

"Embarrass me with what?" He leaned up against the pillar next to him. "Tayli is basically desensitized to all of my embarrassing qualities." Right as he said that, Tayli began walking from around the corner behind him. Liana took advantage of the moment.

"Oh yeah?" She smiled as Tayli stood behind Valik, curious as to what the two were talking about. "How about that one time where you lied about the reason for breaking your arm when you were 14?"

"You lied?" Tayli leaned closer to Valik and he gasped and took a step to the side.

"Tayli!" He awkwardly chuckled. "Uh, no! There was no lie about anything ever. Liana's just trying to spread false stuff about me, as usual."

"He actually broke his arm from attempting to do a cartwheel," Liana said proudly. "We were having a trick competition."

Valik's eyes went wide and his face grew red. Tayli stifled out a laugh, "That is a drastic difference from supposedly getting thrown off a cliff from a talus."

Liana gave a small, mischievous wave to Valik and began skipping away. The young Zora prince angrily sighed and cupped his hands around his mouth, "Have fun at your date wittle Wiana!" As he glared at Liana, Tayli began to laugh even harder. "What? What are you laughing at?"

"That last comment did not help you at all."

.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.

Klay fiddled with his thumbs as he stood in front of the sunset-colored waterfall. Hanging from his arm was a basket filled with sandwiches and fruit. His silver longsword hung down from his back, reflecting back the oranges of the sunset.

"Klay!" Liana skipped up the hill, her bow and quiver around her back. "I'm here! Oh and I brought the Sheikah Slate!" She waved the slate up in the air.

Klay gave a relieved sigh and smiled, "I'm glad you could make it! Shall we head up?"

"Yes, um..." Liana eyed the basket of food. "Is that going to be okay? We can walk around if you want."

His eyes darted from the waterfall then back down at the basket, "O-Oh, uh, yeah, maybe we should. Wouldn't want to ruin a perfect dinner!"

The two began walking up the pathways to Upland Zorana. Liana opened up the lid to the basket and peeked at the food inside.

"Wow, that looks really good!" She chimed. "Did you make it?"

"Yeah! I hope it tastes alright," he rubbed the back of his neck. "I'm not much of a cook or anything. I'm definitely not as good as you."

"It'll be delicious, I'm sure!" She waved off his compliment. "I'm definitely not as good a cook as my mom or... dad." Liana dipped her chin down, memories of all the times her father cooked the most delicious meals flooded her mind.

Klay's eyes grew wide at the mention of Link. There was usually always a trend where if Link was mentioned, Liana would typically fall back into her somber memories. She's gotten better of course; the memories aren't as vivid. However, she still gets stuck at times, and he did not want her to experience any of that, especially tonight.

"Liana," his voice was low, but it brought her back to the present. She looked up at him, realizing that she almost caught herself back into the spiral of somber memories again.

"I'm sorry! I did it again!" She groaned, silently cursing herself for already making a fool of herself.

"It's okay, I'm just glad I caught it before it got worse. I wouldn't want any of that happening on our first daATE—" he stopped in place and blushed completely pink. He didn't mean to say date. Well, yes he planned for this to be a date, but he didn't want her to know that it was one.