Lesson: (3)

It had been about a week of this new routine. The two would always be the first ones in class and then be one of the last to leave.

Emil didn't want to admit he liked Leon's company, and Leon didn't want to admit he already got attached to someone enough to not feel so guarded.

Well that was a scary thought.

Mr. Edelstein looked at the class, pushing his glasses up the bridge of his nose, "alright class, gather your attention here," once everyone stopped whatever conversation they were having or whatever doodle they were doodling the teacher lifted up a clipboard in his hand.

"Today we're doing class projects, once I call your name you can pick a partner until everyone in the room has been partnered up. There's an even number so I don't want to hear about anyone complaining about not having anyone."

Emil groaned lowly and thumped his head on his desk. He really didn't want to deal with this. It was already annoying enough to have to deal with people on a daily basis- he didn't want to spend anymore time with anyone else.

"Leon Wang?"

"Emil here will be my partner!"

Emil snapped his head up in shock- and it seemed like he wasn't the only one as a few of his friends were whispering furiously at him.

Leon just gave him a cool grin before shrugging and said, "what? We're sitting next to each other anyways, why bother trying to get comfortable somewhere else."

"That's the stupidest reason to pair up with someone!" Emil immediately responded with an incredulous expression on his cute face.

"Sweetheart, I don't care how stupid it is if it means I can take the laziest option," Leon fired back with a wink.

"Ughhhhhh."

Emil hid his face in his hands again ignoring even more whispers whenever Leon called him sweetheart.

It was definitely a joke nickname. To taunt Emil, of course!

"Whatever, Leon." Emil replied lamely. Couldn't think of a good comeback nor insult as he was too flustered.

"How sweet," Mr. Edelstein said boredly, handing Leon the clipboard to sign, "you can put your initials next to the topic you want to do."

Emil moved his hands to look at the papers and everything listed- only a few topics were taken and Leon looked completely uninterested.

"I'm choosing."

"Go ahead."

Violet eyes rolled as he wrote ES next to "The Addams Family."

Leon saw the choice and rose a brow before quickly whispering to Emil, "wait what's the project about again?"

Emil scrunched his nose again, "we're supposed to pick any of the choices on there and do a presentation about said topic and what our opinions and thoughts are on it. There were a handful movies or books to choose from."

"Ah, I see, and you chose The Addams Family?"

"Yes. It was a favorite growing up."

"Sure sure, not because you totally have a thing for Gomez."

At Emil's red face and stutter of defiance- Leon smirked and leaned back in his seat waiting for everyone to be finished up with their choosing.

"Alright class, now that everyone has chosen the next week will be focused on this project, you'll be given seven days to complete and on the eighth and ninth days we'll be doing the presentations. This will count towards 15% of your grade."