Chapter 1

Mija and Mijo means darling
Puto means bitch and other things but for this it means bitch
Gracias means thank you
Pendejo means stupid
Pinche Cabrón means fucking bastard
Ay Dios Mio means oh my god

Angel's POV:

   "Go Spencer!" I cheer with my hands cupping my mouth to make my voice louder. He catches the football and runs into the end zone.

"That's our boy!" Coop cheers making Spencer turn to us and point at us making us cheer while waving.

    "You know I'm surprised you have any energy left after playing your game earlier," Coop tells me and I scoff playfully while nudging her slightly.

   "Please. I never miss any of Spencer's games and you know this, Tamia," I respond making her scoff and flip me off making me laugh. She hates when Spence and I call her that.

   "Yo they're changing the play," she announces and we stand up seeing Spencer run to the other side.

  "Our boy caught something," I tell her with a knowing smirk as they play the ball. Chris throws the football deep and anticipation fills us all as the ball flies through the air.

"Caught by Spencer James! He's at the 10, the 5! Touchdown! Chargers win!" We scream for Spencer who points at us again.

Suddenly gunfire rings out and we all duck down to the floor of the bleachers. I cover Coop on the way and glance to the side. The breath leaves me as I see a guy on the floor, I think dead. Fucking drive by.

After everything was said and done, Spencer and I watch the paramedics roll the body in the ambulance. "You alright?" He softly questions and I sigh heavily with a nod.

  "Yeah, I'm fine. It doesn't faze me like it used too," I respond holding onto my backpack strap. He nods while wrapping his arm around my shoulder and gave me a soft squeeze.

"Spencer and Angel James?" We both get startled and whirl around seeing a dark skinned man and a white woman woman walking over to us.

"My bad. Didn't mean to uh startle you both," the man apologizes and looks to the side of us seeing the police and ambulance then sighs heavily.

"Geez. It's like one minute you're scoring then the next...," he announces and trails off sadly.

"Another day in the neighborhood," Spencer spoke up and I nod agreeing making the man nod solemnly with a sigh.

"Yeah. Billy Baker, Varsity Coach, Beverly High. And this is my colleague Stacy Michaels, Varsity Soccer coach, Beverly High," the man introduces himself and the lady as we shake their hands in disbelief.

"Beverly Hills, huh?" I question with a chuckle and pull my hand away. They both nod.

  "Yes, ma'am. Listen I'll cut to the chase, guys. We've both had our eyes on you two. Let's speak over here, Angel. Let Billy talk to Spencer," Coach Michaels announces and gestures with her hand to the side making me nod and move.

  "I've watched a couple of your games, kid, and I like what I see. You're fast, great at scoring, and you can think on your feet. I saw a film on you with 6 goals against FairFax last season. I want you to come play for me," she explains making my eyes widen in shock. Is she for real?

"Play for you?" I question with a disbelief smile and she agrees, "but you can't recruit. I mean, I'm sorry. This is a really great opportunity for me but the season's started and isn't there a rule about that?"

She shakes her head, "no. If you agree to play for me, you'll be starting with the rest of my players. I can recruit anyone I want. I'm assuming you want to go to the big leagues, right? Like Alex Morgan, Kelly O'Hara, and Tobin Heath."