1. Bonnie

Chris and Street were seated across from each other at a table in a diner.

"Are you gonna eat that?" She asked and pointed at his plate.

Before he had a chance to reply, she stabbed the last piece of his pancake with her fork, and then quickly ate it.

"What if I was gonna eat that?" He questioned as he smiled.

"Oops," she replied guiltily.

"Do you want my orange juice, too?" He asked sarcastically.

"I'm good," she chuckled.

It was worth sacrificing the last of his pancakes to see her smile and laugh at him like that. There was something special about their twice a week breakfasts at this diner. Even when they sat in comfortable silence, it was the highlight of his week to hang out with her outside of work where they could be alone. Because it was Street's idea in the first place, he was surprised that Chris agreed to keep coming back. Whenever he showed up to the diner, he half expected that this time she wouldn't come. That he would be pushing the boundaries too much, but she hadn't missed a single one.

"Thank you," the waitress interrupted Street's thoughts as she placed the receipt and the credit card back on the table.

Chris smiled as she took the credit card and receipt to sign and tip.

"Thanks for breakfast, Chris. You really didn't have to pay," Street beamed.

"I don't mind, now, let's go. Shift starts soon," she responded and rose from the booth.

"See you both Friday," the waitress said as she waved them goodbye.

"We're becoming those people," Street whispered as he exited the diner.

"What do you mean?"

"You know, those people that develop habits together...sounds like regular DATES," he insisted.

"Street, please. We gotta get to work," she responded, trying to sound annoyed, but part of her agreed, even if she wouldn't say it out loud.

He saw the beginning of her smile as she turned away to climb into her Jeep, and he loved it.

———————————————-

Street was doubled over trying to catch his breath once he reached the finish line of the SWAT obstacle course.

"I...demand...a...rematch," Street insisted as he attempted to breathe.

"You seriously wanna lose again?" Chris asked sassily.

"Please! I can take you this time!" He shot back.

"I don't get why two are so competitive," Deacon said.

"I'm not the one being competitive. I just can't help if Street loses to me at everything," Chris joked.

"Excuse me?" Street asked, feigning offense.

"Street, you've known Chris for years. You know she's just that good," Hondo added with a smile.

"Aren't you supposed to be impartial, boss?" Street inquired.

"He's just being honest. Chris is good at everything!" Luca stated eagerly.

"Not helping, buddy," Street sounded deflated as he started walking away.

Chris walked hastily to catch up with him. She lightly whacked his shoulder. "Hey, they're just messing with you."

"It's fine," he promised.