"definitely unforgettable"

Y/n's POV 

The next day, we decided to spend the day together to fix everything. We met at a breakfast place. When I got there, Tim smiled at me awkwardly. The waitress sat us down and things were awkward. I looked at my menu to avoid conversation. 

"What would you two like to drink?" the waitress asked. "A coffee for me" Tim said. "Orange juice" I said. 

She jotted our drinks on a notepad and walked away. 

"Still a coffee addict?" I asked Tim. "Oh yeah...I think it got worst" he laughed awkwardly. "How bad is it?" I asked. "I can't function without coffee" he confessed, a little embarrassed. "I mean if it's what keeps you going every day, then let it be" I said. "What can I get for you two?" the waitress interrupted and served us our drinks. "Can I get an omelette with cheese and chicken and a side of pancakes" Tim requested. "Okay...and for you miss?" the waitress asked me. ""French toast with extra powered sugar and syrup"" Tim and I said in unison. "All righty then" the waiter smiled. 

He remembered my go-to breakfast after all these years. 

"How did you remember?" I asked. "Did really think I'd forget Y/n? It's been years but you are definitely unforgettable and I would never forgive myself if I forgot about all the memories" Tim gushed. 

I was at a lost for words. Tim was way too sweet, I couldn't be mad at him forever. 

"That reminds me, do remember how we used to spend fall together?" I asked him. "Of course! Do you remember the science project?" he asked. "Yeah! My dad was so confused. He didn't know whether or not to be worried or impressed" I laughed. "Do you remember the pumpkins?" I recalled. "Yeah, you put so much effort into it, only to crush it" Tim laughed at me. "I wonder if that treehouse is still there" I said. "Yeah...it was amazing for a piece of wood in wood" Tim made our little inside joke. "Your breakfast is served" the waitress came back. "Thank you" we both said. 

As I was eating, I started thinking about how nice it was to talk to him. Although he had this crazy job, he was still in fact the Tim I always knew. The same Tim I knew before he left. Once we were done, we paid and decided to head out and find somewhere else to go. 

Tim's POV

When Y/n and I got up, I noticed we were matching outfits. I was wearing an oversized light brown cardigan over a white shirt with jeans and she was wearing light brown baggy pants with a striped shirt.

"Oh we're matching" I pointed out. "We are" Y/n noticed. "What do you wanna do now?" I asked her. "I don't know, wanna walk around and see what finds us?" she asked. "Sounds like a plan" I said to her. 

We left the diner and instantly we felt the crisp air. As we were walking, the leaves were falling. 

"Fall is so pretty" Y/n said. "It's so nostalgic now" I said to her. "You're right, I feel like something was missing when you were gone" she said. "I know what you mean, I felt the same" I agreed with her. "It was like life was incomplete" she said.  

That's when I realized how much I messed Y/n up. I made a huge mistake not saying goodbye and giving her closure. I was determined to make things better. 

"Do you wanna go to that library?" I asked Y/n. "Sure, let's go get lost in literature" she said. 

We read almost every book at the library in our elementary school, I guess that's how we became nerds. The atmosphere of libraries were so calming to me and it was always a safe space for us. This was the first time I actually went to Gotham City Public Library and let me tell you, it was a beautiful place. It was an old fashioned building with many, many books. You couldn't get lost in the space, but in the books. So many thoughts and ideas lied in the pages of books. 

"Come on, let's go to the American writers" Y/n said. 

I knew it was her first time too and I couldn't help but smile at her excitement. She picked up something by Emily Dickinson and began reading. I picked up Annabel Lee by Edgar Allen Poe and read. 

"...neither the angels in heaven above, nor the demons down under the sea, can ever dissever my soul from the soul of the beautiful Annabel Lee"

For some reason those lines really spoke to me. I thought of Y/n, even though we were away from each other, I found my way back to her. She was starting to become my  Annabel Lee. A part of me didn't want her to be my Annabel Lee because I knew who was Poe's muse and her tragic ending. If Y/n was the Annabel Lee in my life, I had to protect her at all costs. 

"Dang, Dickinson really was going through some stuff when she wrote this" Y/n said. "What are you reading?" I asked her. "I'm Nobody! Who are you?" she replied. 

I got another poem but this time it was by Frost. It was called After Apple-Picking. The poem really set the fall mood.

"Come read this" I said to Y/n. 

She rested her head on my shoulder and read the poem. As she was reading, I had a different feeling. We had done this hundreds of times before, but now things felt a little different. 

"It's perfect for a day like this" Y/n said after she finished reading. "That's what I was thinking" I said to her. "Maybe we can go apple picking one day" Y/n daydreamed about the future. "There's something that I've been meaning to ask you" I spoke up. "What is it?" she asked, her voice relaxed. "Are you dating anyone?" I asked her. "Well...there was this one model that I was dancing with at a party, but that was a one and done thing" she was honest. "What about you?" Y/n asked. "There were a few boyfriends and girlfriends in the past, but now...no" I explained. "Why'd you ask?" Y/n inquired. "No reason, just curious" I said to her. 

After that, we went home. 

"How was your date?" Dick had a grin on his face. "Tim gets bitches?" Damian asked. "Damian, don't say that! Also it wasn't a date, I was just catching up with an old friend" I quickly denied. "That's what they all say" Dick said before running off to the kitchen. 

That's ironic coming from the certified lover boy  I thought to myself.