"What did I just walk into?"

Anya's POV-

Another morning in Alexandria, Washington D.C. Another day of being a babysitter. Another day of not knowing who I am...or was to be more exact. Lance Sterling: a nice-ish guy found me in a hospital bed in Kyrgyzstan with bionic lungs and without any memory of my past except for my first name and my family's motto. "Gra' go geo" Meaning "Love Forever" I looked over at my small robot alarm clock and saw that it was 4:15 in the morning.

"Crud" I muttered, covering my face with one of my pillows.

Another nightmare. Me being trapped in a small cave-like area with green smoke coming towards me. Explosions could be heard in the background. A 14-year old me covering my ears as the smoke engulfed my body and I couldn't breathe anymore. I had this nightmare about once a week now. I think it's a horrible memory that for some reason keeps reappearing in my mind. But I wasn't sure. Then Lovey: my roommate's emotional support pigeon, flew into my room and was followed by Walter.

"Hey, Beauty" he said, calling me one of the many pet names he gave me.

It was a friendly thing that we started a while back. It was just for fun though.

"Hey handsome, why are you up this early?" I asked him, sitting up.

"You had a nightmare again...didn't you?" He asked, sitting on the edge of my bed.

I nodded and held my knees to my chest. Though my blanket, I could feel the coldness of the metal vent to my bionic lungs on my legs.

"Well, maybe it's because today is the five year anniversary of that day" He told me.

"It's been that long already?" I asked him, hugging my legs more.

He nodded as I closed my eyes to keep tears from falling. After being brought to the United states, I was sent to live with Walter and his grandmother. Now that he's 20-years old and me being 19, we still lived together. And usually I tried to stay strong in front of others in rough situations, even for me. I felt the blades of my vent lungs move with my every breath. Then I felt a hand on my shoulder and I looked up at Walter.

"But I'm sure things will get better, you just have to wait" he told me.

I smiled before hugging him.

"Thanks, hot-stuff" I told him, lightly giggling.

"Anytime, sweet-cheeks" he replied.

We parted and he went back to his room as I fell back asleep without having a nightmare.

🕰🕰🕰

My alarm clock went off as I woke up from it. I tried to shut it off but instead I knocked it off of the side table.

"Crud" I muttered as I sat up and turned it off and put it back on the side table.

After that I got out of bed and changed into my favorite outfit and grabbed all of my things for the day.

After I finished getting ready, I headed downstairs to find Walter and Lovey working on breakfast and in their lab

"Hey gorgeous! I made french toast!" Walter told me once I entered the dining room/lab.

"Mornin'" I replied before I sat down and started eating.

Lovey cooed before landing on my shoulder and rubbing against my ear. I giggled and gently scratched her head.

"So, any plans for today?" Walter asked once he grabbed a few chemicals from the kitchen.

"Like always, babysitting the Payton's kids until 8 o'clock. But I'm be back in time for Heart and Soul" I told him.

"You better be, tonight's the finally. And I don't want to watch it without you" he told me as I finished eating.

"Bye Wally, Bye Lovey, I'll see you both tonight!" I told them as I left and started walking.

🕰

"What do you mean 'I'm fired'?" I asked after my shift.

"Sorry Ann, I just can't afford a babysitter anymore. But I hope you find work soon" Elaine told me with a kind smile on her face.

I just smiled and nodded before leaving for home. Luckily for me, Walter's house was only a few blocks away from where I was at. But I couldn't believe what just happened. I lost my job. I hope Walter's day was going better than mine was. Plus, the season finally of Heart and Soul is tonight so I have something to look forward to. As I walked, I put my earbuds in and put on my music. It soothed me as I walked. Finally, after ten minutes, I arrived at Walter's house and saw Walter talking to a pigeon.

"What did I just walk into?" I asked, looking at my roommate and the blue pigeon with a black bowtie marking in the driveway.

"Anya! I might have made the biggest mistake and scientific breakthrough ever!"

"He birded me!" The pigeon said, making me realize that the pigeon was actually Lance Sterling, the same man who found me in the hospital five years ago.

He started walking towards a epic looking car as Walter and I followed him.

"Okay, Hear me out" Walter told him.

"Is someone talking? I don't hear anyone talking. Especially someone who was double fired, working on a triple fired!" Lance told him.

"You were fired?" I whisper asked him.

"Yeah, we didn't see eye to eye on things" Walter explained.

I nodded and ignored their conversation as I saw a woman who had blond hair like I did, jog pass. Then my head started hurting where my scar was on the left side of my head. I groaned as a fuzzy image appeared in my mind. I couldn't really tell who it was but I could tell that it was of a beautiful woman with blond hair and gorgeous gray-blue eyes. She smiled sweetly at me and gently pushed my hair back away from my face.

"Angela, Anya?" A male voice that was strangely familiar to me called out to us.

Then the memory ended. I gasped and gently rubbed the temples on my head from the newfound headache. Was that...my mother? I couldn't help but to think about this.

"Anya! Get in!" Walter told me, getting my attention.

I didn't waste any time hopping into the back seat of the super cool car belonging to the man who found me. Then things started getting crazy.

"Is everyone alright?" Walter asked once we were safe.

"No!" Both me and Lance said in unison.

I was practically upside down in the back seat of the car and my arms and left leg was tangled up with the seatbelt. Then after a while, we finally made it to the plane and headed off towards somewhere in Mexico.