"You're heading out? At a time like this?!"

"I need to get a handle on the current climate, or I'll be going into things blind. I'll stick to areas with less traffic and keep myself hidden in the shadows, so don't worry."

"You think you can tell me not to worry when the entire Overman Foundation's Security section is looking for you?"

Hikaru's words fell on deaf ears, as Megumi had already gotten up and put on a jacket and wool-knit cap. "Sorry, but the sooner I head out, the sooner I'll get back. See you later!"

Megumi stepped out and shut the door behind her before Hikaru could say anything in return. She looked out at the city below her and noted that night had already fallen. That would make things easier for her to move around.

She climbed down the steps to the street below and began making her way around the district. She knew a couple of people in the Lunar district that were in her line of work, so there would be no need to wander around. There was a little uncertainty as to where exactly they'd be hiding out, but there were only so many places in a rather placid location like the Lunar district.

The closest location she could think was actually rather close, but since she was trying to hide from the patrolling Overman agents, she was forced to make several detours through alleyways and back streets. Eventually, Megumi eventually arrived at the destination she was looking for; the Wild Rat bar, a place where people involved with the underworld gathered often. The Lunar district wasn't the most ideal place for hooligans and outlaws to gather, but there were still dives like this that provided a safe zone for them to talk.

Megumi slipped into the bar and looked around. There were a few patrons sitting around, but for the most part, it was rather empty. She walked over to the end of the room and sat down next to an old man who was wearing a dirty, ragged overcoat.

"Spring breeze."

"That's the old password. Did you not get the new password?"

"Shut up, old man. Why do you change your passwords so often anyway?"

"Security is important in my line of work, after all," the old man replied, scratching his chin. "Well, I can do a favor for an acquaintance. What do you need to know?"

"What's the situation on the streets? The Overman Foundation is swarming all over Twilight. Kind of makes it hard to move around, if you know what I mean."

"Yeah, I get you. Overman's been going over the top for some reason. I've even seen some of their special forces out on the streets."

"Really? They're going that far?"

"Yep. Saw some Dogs prowling the streets just a while ago on my way to this bar. Whoever this thief is, they must be giving them some trouble."

Megumi furrowed her brow as she considered the situation. "Isn't it strange, though? The Hayasaka family are the ones who got stolen from, right? Why are they relying on the Overman Foundation instead of using their own security force?"

"Strange ain't the half of it, lady. You wanna know where Hayasaka Security is right now?"

"Where are they?"

"Patrolling the Sunshine district where the Innocenti Bank Headquarters is. I would never have believed it if I hadn't seen it myself."

"Hayasaka Security is protecting the Innocentis?" Megumi stroked her chin as she thought about this bizarre nugget of information. This was simply too out of character. Could the Three Great Families be working together to retrieve the necklace?