ONE

ONE

Makena Kamara-Anderson was very excited.

She was on her way to Silverstone, the track where the British Grand Prix was being held, with her father Abu.

She had only recently started to get in to the world of Formula One, because of her dad who had been a big fan of the sport since before she was born.

And since her mother, Precious, had bought him tickets to the British Grand Prix, at Silverstone, along with a paddock pass since her friend worked at the track and was able to get them one, Makena was joining her father because he had invited his daughter to come with him.

And he was right to.

Immediately upon arrival, it blew her mind, the beauty of everything.

The track, the garages, the cars.

She had always wanted to become a reporter, to report on news all around the world, but maybe, just maybe...

It was fate for her to become a reporter and interviewer in Formula One.

Her mouth was wide open in awe as her brown eyes never stayed in one area for long, scouring as much of the paddock as she possibly could.

That was until her father abruptly grabbed her by her wrist and pulled her out of the way of a man that she would have walked straight in to.

"I am sorry, my daughter doesn't pay attention, sir."

Abu apologised to the man that his daughter had nearly walked in to, before he felt his breathing quicken as soon as he recognised the man as one of his idols and one of his favorite drivers to ever be in the sport.

"Oh, do not worry, it's okay, she looks happy to be here so she could have walked in to me and I would not have cared at all." The man smiled politely at the tall dark skinned man that was towering over him.

"You're Sebastian Vettel." Abu grinned in happiness at the blonde haired German man that was standing in front of him. "I'm a big, big fan."

Sebastian grinned at the mans words, offering his hand for a hand shake to the man. "It's an honor to meet you."

"I am Abu."

"Welcome to Silverstone, Abu. I'm grateful to have a man as great as you as a fan of mine." Sebastian noticed the excited face of the man who still held on to his daughters arm, not wanting her to walk away and bump in to someone else.

"This is my daughter, Makena." Abu introduced, pulling his daughter excitedly over to meet the Formula One driver.

"Hello, Makena."

Makena had to do a double take as she stared at the smiling German, confused as to whether she was dreaming or not.

Sebastian released a chuckle as he watched the girl slap herself in her face in order to see if she was dreaming or not, before her eyes widened upon realising that it was completely and utterly real.

Sebastian Vettel was standing right in front of her.

Sebastian Vettel knew her name.

Oh my fucking god.

"I-uh, I-" Makena stuttered multiple times in shock before she frantically shook her head from side to side. "Sir, hi sir, Mr Vettel, sir."

"Makena, please call me Sebastian."

Makena rapidly nodded her head up and down, her brown curls bouncing around as she did.

"Makena is usually good with speaking to people, she wants to do it as a job, talking to people." Abu smiled at his idol, since he noticed how his daughter had frozen in her place.

Abu knew that his daughter would never forgive herself if she ended up embarrassing herself in front of a Formula One driver, so he decided that would do the talking for her.

Sebastian shifted his attention back to the young woman who was still staring at him in shock.

"You want to be a reporter? That's amazing!" Sebastian smiled at the woman who just blinked at him.

She had completely frozen.

Abu rolled his eyes as he pinched the bridge of his nose, starting to feel embarrassed for his daughter himself.

He nudged his daughter, gaining her attention, causing her to widen her eyes massively, shaking her out of her state of shock.

"Yeah, I like finding out peoples stories and their dreams, and I figured that being an interviewer would be the best way to do that." Makena awkwardly smiled at the German, knowing that she had frozen in front fo him and began to feel embarrassed.

"I know that there's an apprenticeship up for grabs for sky sports, getting to interview drivers before races and do fun challenges with them. Why don't you apply for it? I could put in a good word for you, if you like." Sebastian informed the woman, before seeing a grateful smile being shot his way from the woman's father.

"As bad as it sounds, I doubt I'd get it." Makena admitted sadly.

"Why not?"

Makena took a deep breath before glancing at her dad. "I'm a woman of color, employer's often tend to go for the 'easier' option and go for white people. If they were wanting to hire a woman, I know that I would be at the bottom of the list, because of my skin color."

Sebastian nodded his head, seemingly deep in thought. "I see. I know a job where you won't have that issue."

Makena's eyes widened, seeing the friendly German who was a four time World Champion smiling softly at her, with a smile that reminded her of her father.

It must be the father's smile.

Abu immediately spoke up, butting his way in to the conversation, since he felt guilty that his daughter didn't want to apply for a job because of her skin color. "Where? What are her chances?"

Sebastian pointed towards a garage, it's orange color prominent in their eyes.

"Mclaren are wanting to hire someone for their social media interviews. I'd say that you are the perfect fit for that job, Makena."

The father and daughter duo in front of him stared at each other, smiles on their faces.

"I'll apply right away."