Chapter 8 - Sun Breathing -

Start from the beginning

"He can't think with pain all over his body, Tsugi-kun.." Mitsuri was worried, although Shinobu was giggling at something. "No." Y/n starts. "Isn't that how you survive, Tanjiro? In that mountain when I saved you. you were clearly just experienced a near-death experience.

I assume you would also recall a similar situation in the Selection Exam, your previous missions and the battle with Lower Moon 1." Y/n explains, while Tanjiro listens closely.

"If I would've strike your chest just a bit harder earlier, your lungs... might literally get seperated. did you feel a tingle or something that sends you an adrenaline towards your whole body? think, Tanjiro. think. what is your mistake that you made since you unlocked this breath style?!" He ends. yet another silence went through.

"He's a tough teacher.. they've been doing this for three hours now." Silvy was concerned. yet Shinobu was quite excited on what this could lead to.

__-----____+#&#_$_) is what only Tanjiro could've think of. he can't process anything this time. though he really wanted to try something.
"Tomorrow. tomorrow..." Tanjiro said. exhausted.

"There is no tomorrow!"

"There is no tomorrow!!"

After a long and hard thinking Tanjiro finally had an idea. "Erm. Tsugi-san. I think I might have a clue. but will you do some techniques so I can, like, compare with it to mine?" Tanjiro asked, before getting a nod. "oh um, Kanroji-san and Shinobu-san. would you please assist us with this?" Tanjiro asked, getting a nod.

Both girls kept a certain distance from the boys. with Shinobu infront Y/n, and Mitsuri fronting Tanjiro. "Ooh, finally! a fun part!!" Silvy watched closely.

"I'll make sure to hold back just for you." Y/n sets his blade with haze, setting his stance. blade on the back of his head, and left foot upfront. "Well, just don't let your guard down, Tsugi-kun." Shinobu chuckles. setting her stance with her right foot front and her sword on the left side of her face, facing the ground.

Tanjiro sets his right foot up front and ready his sword infront of him, as he covered it with haze as well. while Mitsuri, let out her whip sword.
steel + belt : whip blade (extra pain).

"Sun Breathing.."

"Hundred Legged Zigzag.."

"Hinokami Kagura..!"

"Love Breathing: Second Form!!"

In a flash, Shinobu immediately uses the Hundred Legged Zigzag, she rushes him and puts immediate pressure on his defense with a firm strike, which he blocks with his sword and delivers the Scorching Flame Haze with him slashing horizontally to her at high speeds. Shinobu dodges the attack with a leap to the sky and shouts that he is too slow.

Filling the other scene with Tanjiro's, the Tsugoko surrounds Mitsuri with the Solar Heat Haze a couple times but yet the Hashira uses her second form: Love Pangs to deflect Tanjiro's slashes. As Tanjiro keeps sending slashes to her, Mitsuri noticed that his movements were kind of... off.

Back to our hashira, Shinobu leaps onto the side of a tree and jumps at Y/n from behind. The boy barely parries the strike in time and struggles to follow her as she jumps from tree to tree. Before long, Shinobu knocks him to the ground. "Oh, wow!" He was getting excited. as the sight of him starts getting blurry.
"Parhelion Rainbow"

On the other side, Mitsuri starts to fight back. surrounding Tanjiro with lots of different slashes techniques with her whip. "Ugh! come on, find an opening!!" Tanjiro deflects the strikes with his sword covered in fire.

Mitsuri swiftly appears behind him. too worried going for his head, she targeted his earrings. Kanroji then attempts to cut Tanjiro's earrings with one of her slashes and succeeds, or so she perceives.
"Fake Rainbow" Tanjiro faced her again, and uses the Flame Dance while she backsteps his first vertical slash but then barely parried the horizontal slash after the vertical one.

'His wrist is making unnecessary movements. It's making me dizzy. is he dancing?' Mitsuri thought for a moment.

Y/n quickly steps away from Shinobu. He attempts to attack her with Bone Burning Sun by making many circular fiery slashes infront of him, but Shinobu gracefully dodges all of his attempts and approaches him, closing the distance. upon getting within range, she repeatedly kicks Y/n to the ground, pinning him down and sitting on his stomach.

"Good morning." Shinobu calls out. "Please don't do what I think you're going to do.." Y/n was concerned. "Punch you in the face?" She questions.

"Yeah. what else?" The sun hashira grabs her left arm, got a soft hold on her neck, and reverse pinned her to the ground. now Y/n is sitting on Shinobu's.

"Shinobu-chan. you're making me uncomfortable." Y/n, with his sarcastic manners. the insect hashira sighs. he then delivers the revamped Flame Waltz to her on the ground. by sending two vertical downward and upward attacks which she dodges even when she's pinned to the ground.

After that, Shinobu kicked his stomach up which sends him flying to a tree and freeing the insect hashira from his grip. looking at the sun pillar, she seems to have managed to out-stamina him.

As he was seen raising his hand, showing that he have surrendered. "Sorry! That must've been a hard kick!!" She shouts out to him, as Silvy goes out to check him out. Shinobu turns her eyes to Mitsuri's fight.

"Burning Bones, Summer S-" Tanjiro shouts out, but then was overwhelmed before he could unleash his technique. It seems he couldn't take all of that blow in a row just by defending himself. "That's it then. Y/n loses by stamina!" Shinobu calls out.

"I was letting my guard down, whaddya mean?!" He complains. "Well, Tanjiro lost by stamina loss, incorrect footworks, losing his guard, unnecessary wrist movements and weird breathing rythms." Mitsuri told, while offering a hand to Tanjiro and making him drown from embarrassment.

"I think I got it. Big brother, I think I know what's been going on!!" Tanjiro was excited. "Eh? really?! explain! now!" Y/n shouts out. "Are you sure? You're too far away!" Y/n was laying down on a tree branch and was too far from Tanjiro. "Right now!!"

"Okay!"

"I realized my own Hinokami Kagura had unncessary movements, different wrist angles, footwork and breathing rhythm. that's why mine's are different from yours! if I make a little tweak, maybe I could made it so it would be similar to yours, Tsugi-san!!"

"Removing them, I may be could awaken the legendary Sun Breathing, or similar to it at least!"

"Awh boi, I gotta tell this to Zenitsu and Inosuke!!"

Tanjiro then left the training grounds.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"You.. what now?!" Y/n barely even heard him. as he can seen shouting from the tree branch while the girls watched. Mitsuri was laughing, Silvy was holding her laugh back, whilst Shinobu takes a deep sigh. yet she smiles afterward.

-___-___-___-___-

Taisho Secret :

• Y/n: "I have a mansion too. but I often left it to rot and come back to it again a month after. I usually do this because Shinobu's was more beautiful."

• Y/n: "I was talking about her mansion by the way. but if it's really about her... meh, i won't say anything weird again."

.

.

.

• Y/n: " she's the cutest."