Chapter 4: This feels like falling in love.

Taylor's POV:

As I sat there, looking at him. I thought for a moment. Everything else was past. What mattered was now. I needed someone to be there for me. Could this be it? Could it really be him? But there is Alice. What if she gets all worked up about it? I don't want to ruin what might happen between Alice and Ed. But he himself, had told me nothing would make him change his mind. I don't know. I don't know what I'm feeling, I'm feeling confused. For the first time in nearly months. I realised Ed's voice interrupting my thoughts.

"Hey, are you alright?", chuckled Ed. "You've been staring at me for a good 5 minutes." Taylor blushed. "Oh, nothing. Just um, wondering, uh...about Liz. Yes! Liz, how about I come over to your place next weekend. You said you wanted me to write some new stuff for your album right? Yeah, yes, that's what I was...yes, yes."  Taylor viciously nodded. She stopped when she realised she was blabbering way too much. Liz and Ed raised their eyebrows together. "Yeah, that sounds great. Thanks for doing this..means a lot." Liz replied nudging Taylor gently. "Here's your order...ma'am." said Jennifer, the cashier over at Detroit's Soul. Her hands slightly shivered while placing the order of the 2 hot chocolates and the box of homemade cookies at the table. She then walked away murmuring something like, "Oh! Why am I so nervous, ugh, I hate myself... Should've gotten the autograph.."

Taylor overheard the soft murmuring and picked up a tissue from the table and decided to take out a pen, and yes, she never carried a pen. But ofcourse, she did have her eyeliner with her. That's nearly, pen-like, she thought as she scribbled on the tissue. "Be fearless :) -Taylor"  She walked over to the counter and tapped. Jennifer turned around. "Yes..ma'am. Would you like something else?" "Thanks but, I would like you to keep this with you, you know, just in case." winked Taylor as she left the tissue at the counter. Meanwhile, Ed and Liz had already gotten out and Liz was sipping on the hot chocolate, as the wind wooshed through her black hair. Jennifer thanked Taylor and even got a picture with her. They both hugged and Taylor walked through the door of Detroit's Soul with a proud smile on her face. She made people happy. This was her favourite part of becoming a singer, she got to put a smile on people's faces.

Liz handed over the the cookies and hot chocolate to Taylor. The three, talked for a while. And ofcourse, a group of rather obsessed fans came by, not expecting to see them. One of them yelled and ran around in circles, till Ed went and stopped her. The others screamed like as if they had just witnessed a zombie outbreak right before their eyes! Taylor, Ed, and Liz, got around, took some pictures and talked with the fans. Some had even gotten tickets for that evening's show. Liz took a quick glance at her watch and made up her mind to go back to her apartment. She left, yelling, "You better get your ass over to my apartment next weekend, or else I'm coming for you!" Taylor giggled and nodded, raising her hand to show a thumbs up.

The fans left, and it was now a complete silence. It was just Taylor and Ed, they were making their way back to the arena. It was certainly awkward. Because well, they had no idea what, to talk about. Deciding to break the silence, they both opened their mouth to talk at the very same time. "Christmas is really far...-" started Taylor. "Meredith should really meet my...-"  began Ed. They both looked at each other and bursted into laughter. "You go first." said Taylor, smiling. "Right, um, I own a cat called Bellini, it's back at my brother's place, I honestly think Meredith will get along with her."  "Really?" Taylor laughed. "I can't wait to see her!"  "Now, what were you coming around to tell me?" Ed asked Taylor.

Taylor POV:

What did I want to ask Ed? What did I want to ask him? Are things over with Alice? For real? Do you want to go for a movie or something? I didn't know what to ask. Crap, I even forgot what I was talking about. I could feel the paparazzi, hiding and clicking the pictures. Both of us together on the front page of every single gossip magazines. Both of us, together. It sounded good, didn't it? I could feel my stomach churning. It's this feeling. I've felt it before. It was this feeling of safety, of happiness, of protection. You feel like everything is okay, when it's not. But for that period of time, when you're with that person, you have this feeling, and it's good, it feels really good.

"It feels really good." Taylor spoke out. "What does?" asked Ed, obviously confused. His ginger hair was shining in the sunlight. Taylor looked over to him, "Um, nothing, no, no, nothing."  She laughed it off. "You're definitely in your own world, aren't you? Lost in your wonderland. What's it like in there? Hey, you wanna sit?" Ed spoke as he pointed to one of the lonely benches on the sidewalk. Taylor checked the time, 4pm, well, there was 3 hours till the show began. Taylor nodded, and sat down with him. "Well, it's definitely filled with chocolate, lots of it." Taylor said sipping her hot chocolate. "And cats, I presume, lots of them?" Ed replied in an adorable obvious tone. "Look at you, thinking out of the box!" Taylor said, nudging Ed. After a while of talking, Ed's phone began to ring. He looked to check who it was. He pressed the reject call button and put it back in his pocket. "Who was it?" asked Taylor. Her cookies were over and so was the hot chocolate. The street lights popped on. It was nearly 5. "Alice..who else would it be.." Ed replied in a low voice. "Forget her, what were we talking about? Yes, about Love Actually." A smile was placed back on Ed's lips. "Hugh Grant, hands down, best actor ever. Nobody could ever replace him."

"Like, ever." Taylor replied, giggling.

They made their way back to the stadium, and saw two greatly built, bald-headed bodyguards rushing towards both of them. "Miss Taylor, Mister Ed, we've been looking all over for you! The crowd's building up outside, and wait, weren't you supposed to be getting dressed?" Taylor licked the last bit of chocolate off her lips. "Um, yes, I'm sorry, we got..-" The guards didn't let her finish, one of them guided Taylor and the other one, guided Ed to their respective dressing rooms. Taylor checked the time. 6pm. She opened her closet. Ahh, yes, her costumes were perfectly stacked up in there. She picked out the costume for, "State of Grace". It was a white full-sleeved shirt and black high-waisted leather shorts. She let her hair out and put on her eyeliner, and ofcourse, the red lipstick. Before walking out the door, she realised she'd nearly forgotten her usual - the black fedora hat.

"Love is a ruthless game, unless you play it good and right." Taylor sang as she came from underneath the stage. The crowd was better, bigger than ever. With every song, the crowd, screamt louder, wanting more. After she finished singing, "The Lucky One", Taylor ran backstage to change the costume, and changed into what was the cutest red dress ever made. Her stylist's came, and made into a perfect masterpiece. Ed came along, and was obviously, stunned by how flawless Taylor managed to look every night. He shook off his thoughts and knocked on Taylor dressing room door. "Come on in! Oh, yes Ed, ready to take on the stage, buddy?" Taylor said, fixing in her cat shoes.

Ed's POV:

Buddy? Sure. I was now, Taylor's buddy. A buddy as in, she most definitely considered me as nothing more than a friend. This was exactly what I wanted to hear. You know, here she is looking, absolutely fantastic, and I'm thinking, after this, I'll probably take her out to a dinner. For God's sake, I shaved off my beard, thinking everything will work out! And this, "buddy" comes along. Brilliant. Just absolutely brilliant. You're badass, Ed. Just badass.