7.What the... Kid?💫

'I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love.'
-Mother Theresa

"Hey, Arlo, what's up?"

West asked his son the moment he got him settled inside the kitchen. This kid, well his kid was always hungry, so food was always a good way to get him to see what was on his mind. Oh, did he forget to mention that he was also a father, must have slipped his mind? It wasn't that he didn't love Arlo, because he did, with all his heart, it was just the fact that he and Elizabeth are two persons who should have never had a child together. They were not mates. There was no bond there to keep them together, and he was afraid that eventually, Arlo was the one who was going to suffer.

"Mom has a guest over, she told me to come to you."

Arlo said honestly as West out some pancake eggs and milk to prepare for him. It was already 8:00 a.m., so they had missed the morning breakfast as that was at 6:00 a.m. No matter, his cooking skills have improved significantly since Arlo started on solid food. It was a choice to either learn to cook or starve.

Just then, West watched as Sutton came out in his shirt. 'Fuck', He wished that she would wear his clothes all the time. He loved seeing her in them, if he was being honest with himself, he loved seeing her out of them more.

"Have a seat."

West offered as the conversation, and introduction that he had tried to avoid was suddenly upon him. It wasn't the fact that he was ashamed of either of them, no it was the fact that one should not exist independently of the other. It was only then that he understood why as young wolves, they are admonished to wait for their mates...but he had been waiting for a while.

At that point, West was convinced that either his mate was dead, or she wasn't born yet. There was no way he could avoid introducing me to the son and vice versa. They were going to become a part of each other's life very soon. He had concluded that the sins of the father should not rest upon the daughter's shoulders. After all, she was his mate. And he wanted her more...

Even looking at now her dressed in nothing but a shirt he wanted to tear the clothes off her body. Fuck all the reasons why he should.

"Sutton, this is Arlo, my son."

West said not missing a beat as he mixed the batter vigorously. He just wanted to rip the band-aid off as hard as he could, so he could just get over the most difficult conversation he had ever experienced. 'What the hell was she thinking?' West wondered as he watched her remain rooted and stilled for far too long.

"Son?"

Sutton repeated as he watched her get up and started to walk towards the door.

"Sutton, where are you going? For God's sake, you're dressed in my shirt and a panty."

West said as Sutton looked at him angrily.

"And what exactly is my purpose here? There is absolutely nothing that prevents you from killing me at any moment you want. I have no value."

Sutton yelled as West wondered if all the women were as mentally deranged as she was. 'What the fuck does she mean that she has no value?'

She was the most precious thing on the Earth to him but there was no way he was going to turn over there. There was no way that he was going to let her know the power she had over him. He closed his eyes and thought long and hard as to what to say to her.

"What's Poppin?"

His Beta Flynn asked as was opened his eyes to find him with some popcorn in his hands.