Chapter 4

"So, your going to the party . That's nice! but still why don't take something from the dressess I have ,you'll be a sight to behold "

"Thanks,Myna but I like this"

"Well, whatever you wear you'll be beautiful and thanks ."

"Thanks?"

"I have heard all the conversation between you and your sister.I didn't meant to eavesdrop ya know.You should be careful she harbours very strong hate for you."

"I know, she'll be not be able to take anything from me now"
She said determined.

"Sis,what do you think of this?

Yufie said showing off her cocktail dress,the dress was too revealing, showing off her thighs , which was too much for my taste in dresses, don't judge me it's just I'm not fan of these type of dresses.

"Not, appropriate!"
Tianquig said with poker face, making Myna chuckle.

"Hum,the director gave me this especially for tonight's party.Look at yourself, your wearing that shabby dress that you have bought when you were freshman at art school!"

"I don't care if you got jealous, I only got one"

She mocked but was ignored by Tianquig,as if she's not in existence and went away.

"Ehhh, Wait!"

"You better know your place" She gaze at Myna and went away closing the door.

That words rang in her ears like a broken record realising her reality.A person who she was maybe she still is,those cursing,mocking, disgusted, abnormal stares that she has suffered,a trash,an invisible tear falling from her eyes tearing apart her happy mask.

Later,At Night

The scribbling of the pen gliding on blank sheet of paper echoed though the silence of the brightly lit up room,turning the pages a figure could be seen in a deep concentration sitting on the bed with a notebook in her lap leaning on the head of the bed.

Myna was in a deep concentration writing her daily entry, a sea of emotions in her eyes.This night was the only friend she had now where she can express her sorrow without the fear of being judged or seen by those indifferent stares with the intentions hidden behind.

'Thirsty! Where's water.'She looked around and sighed 'Now, I have to bring water' and strode across the hallway to take water bottle from the dinning table but stopped seeing Mr Gu sitting on one of the chairs of it.His face giving a concern,worry with a little mix of anxiety in it.

She closed the gap and asked timidly while taking a seat on the chair beside him. "Mr Gu,what happened?"

"Ah! Mei-na!"He answered finally seeing the person beside him in surprise.
"Did I disturbed you?"

"No, no!!" She waved her hands to and fro in dismissal.
"But Why are you looking so troubled sir?"

"Because of my daughters"
"I've been calling them for a while now but they aren't picking it up.It's making me worried."

"Maybe they have kept it on silence"

"But still; it's had been an hour now ",

"Don't worry sir, I'll too try calling them"Myna reassured ascending the stairs She called several times but was answered with nothing.As she was passing by Tianquig 's room while making the call she heard sound of someone's phone ringing she looked around to find the source of it and stopped at Tianquig's room.

"Don't tell me"she murmered and opened her door to find her phone under the bed. 'She forgot'.

Imperial Hotel