2

I decided to send Abel a text after wrapping things up in the studios and meeting the rest of the people attending my course

I decided to send Abel a text after wrapping things up in the studios and meeting the rest of the people attending my course. I was nervous as the phone was telling me the message was sending. What if I had completely misread the whole situation and he just felt super sorry for me? What if he had given me his number out of pity and actually didn't wanna hang out with me? What if it was some kind of cruel prank and he'd be all like-

Hey! I'm over by the benches under the statue. There's a tuk-tuk that sells horrible coffee. Wanna join?

I sent a text back saying, I'd be right over and walked on surprisingly jelly-like legs to the statue. It depicted a large dude holding a sword and a pen. It was probably something about the pen being mightier than the sword or something, but the sword looked a lot mightier in his hands.

I found Abel standing by one of the stone benches with an accompanying table. He waved at me and held up a paper cup.

"Hey! I didn't know how you took your coffee, so I opted for black." He smiled widely.

"Black is great." I took the cup from him and took a sip. "You really didn't lie about the coffee being horrible though." It was bitter and disgusting. And not bitter in the way actual good coffee was supposed to be. It also smelt burnt for some reason? I wasn't sure how you could burn a liquid, but this guy obviously had a talent for it.

"Nope," he laughed. "Anyways, meet my friends!"

I hadn't noticed there were other people around. All I had noticed was him.

"Hi Gael," Fred said and peeked out from behind Abel, waving at me.

I smiled widely and waved back. "Small world!" My voice came out high-pitched and it was kind of embarrassing, but Fred didn't mention it.

"You know each other?" Abel asked and arched a brow, the hairs peeking over his aviators.

"Same class," Fred replied and took a sip of her own cup.

"Right, right, right," Abel said, nodding with each word. "This is Creek." He pointed to another person sitting on the bench. He waved a little, his fingers barely emerging from the big sleeve on his oversized hoodie. He looked tiny. Kinky dark hair made his head look a little bigger and it was almost the same colour as his dark brown skin.

"Hi, I'm Gael," I said and smiled.

"So, we've always been missing a werewolf in our mix," Creek said as if that whole sentence wasn't really weird and out of nowhere.

They all looked at me. I stared back at them with wide eyes. How did they know? Did I emit some kind of weird energy?

"I..." I started and stopped. And then I just turned on the heel of my foot and started walking away.

"Gael!" Abel yelled out after me, jogging up beside me. "I'm so sorry about that. Creek is shit with new people."

I stopped and stared up at him. "I have never told anyone in my life. How did you know?"