6: It ends here

The lights of the globes, be it Norths or the one owned by Pitch, they were stopping to glow. The lights they represent stopped believing. The guardians felt this strongly. But they felt what the globes where glowing, there was one light that won't darken nor dim.

This light was Jamie Benett.

Jack passed his window, but he noted how the boy was talking to a plush bunny, as if he was talking to the Easter Bunny. It was hilarious to watch. He flew into the room and started to frost the window. Jamie asked for a sign, so he drew an egg into the window frost. Jamie noted instantly and soon started to see Jack. Normally, Jack would be out of his mind to be seen, but instead he explained Jamie the situation.

Both came out of the house, they saw the sleigh flying to Burgess, it looked like it barely kept in the air which probably is the case. To Jack's surprise, Bunny was a small rabbit. Jack tried not to laugh but was kind of failing. This resulted in Bunny being insulted. Tooth noted Baby Tooth sitting on Jack's shoulder.

"Jack! She, she-"

"I did not trade her, Toothiana.", was all Jack said to her. He gestured to Jamie, "The last light."

Jack sensed something, or someone. Turning around, he saw Pitch Black approaching, surrounded by his nightmares. But Jamie saw also someone approaching, his friends. And Cupcake.

Pitch came closer, trying to scare them. Jack was about to blast him with ice, when Jamie stepped in front and said, "I don't fear you."

He touched a nightmare and it turned golden. This impressed the other children who copied his doing. To the guardians surprise, some of the gold sand turned into Sandy. Sandy started to make dreams as if nothing happened, not before pulling out his whips and attacking Pitch. Bunny and Toothiana followed his lead.

They surrounded Pitch, while the children played with their dreams. Each guardian pointed their weapon onto Pitch. Pitch seemed to be unsure if he should use his scythe or his arrows. But then he shot at the children. But his arrow was blocked by an ice wall. A fusion of darkness and ice, like in Antarctica.

They looked to Jack, who had his staff aimed at the ice wall, it was glowing and black sand was floating around it.

Sandy, not audible like always, unintentionally sneaked up to Jack and touched his arm. He wanted to relax Jack, but instead, Jack yelled in pain and held his arm where Sandy had touched him.

The Guardians where confused, the black sand, Jack's reaction. They were even more confused when they heard Pitch's manic laugher.

"You idiot spirits. Didn't you wonder why Jack wasn't bothered by my arrow?",asked Pitch, "The very arrow that seemingly killed Sanderson?"He glared angrily to Sandy, who stared back, silently saying, 'It takes more to kill me.'

The pain in Jack lessened and he started to realize what is happening.

"Well, yes, but...", started Toothiana, "But wasn't that because the sands counter each other? And Jack is, well, frost."

"No.",was all Pitch told her. "At least to you."

"What are you on about, Pitch?", demanded Bunny to know.

"Simple, rabbit. When Jacky was made a spirit, three centuries ago, I found him.", started Pitch to explain, "His core was incomplete.I completed it with my shadows, making Jack a dual spirit in the progress."

They gasped and looked to Jack who was now leaning against his staff. "Well, yes, but this made everything worse, the already lacking control over my powers, even worse. A few decades ago, he wanted to fully fix me with a ritual, didn't fucking work.", added Jack in, "Pitch does not realize that my born core is the opposite of his fear, it can't be mixed. It can't be fused. Bunny, the blizzard of '86 was mel osing it after the ritual, I never meant for this to happen. I'm sorry."

"Don't be so persimistic, Jack. It can work."

"My core is fun, I doubt that. Wannabe spock."

The children chuckled at the nickname. This enraged Pitch and he sticked to attack, only to be punched into the face by Toothiana, "That was for my fairies." Cupcake was very impressed with this.

The moon came out, no longer covered by the clouds. A light beam was on Jack. His eyes widen and dark mist appeared around him. It felt as if it was sucked out of him, turning gold in the air.

"Oi, Manny gets rid of the sand!", states Bunny. Jack just said, "Could have done this earlier."

Jack never felt better, he felt as if he could control his powers, all aspects of them. He proceed to blast Pitch with his yet strongest blast nonchalantly. Pitch and his nightmares fled, dragging the beaten king to who knows where.

"I guess I owe you all some explanations.", whispered Jack.

"No, we owe you a sorry.", explained Bunny. "Manny tasked us centuries ago to fetch you and help you to complete your core, before Pitch or other bad spirits get to ya. We failed that part."

North nodded, "I say we go to the workshop, do the ritual and celebrate!"

...

After the ritual Jack felt still good, but stronger. And happier having realized he now has a new social circle maybe a chance to rekindle with the other winter sprites and he got rid of the darkness that was Pitch's influence.

...

Baby Tooth demanded to accompany him. Jack did not know why, but he wasn't in the mood to argue with the fairy. They were in antarctica, more specifically in the city of ice, the home of the winter elementals. He normally isn't supposed to be here, unless he has stuff to discuss with the snow queen, which he kind of has to do now. At least he thinks she should know that Jack is no longer bound to Pitch.