Chapter 5

Chapter 5

"I'm starving!" Sky complained. I rolled my eyes and fished through the dresses hanging on the rack.

"This one looks ok..." I took a blue silky one shoulder dress.

"I'm not sure, what do you think?" Sky beamed up at Dylan.

"Yeah it looks... Great." He said unenthusiastically.

"Great? You've said that about the last ten dresses!" She complained again. *Mental note: Never take Sky shopping when shes tired.

"Ten? Is that all?" He said. I laughed, but it was quickly killed by a sharp kick in the leg from Sky.

"You look great in anything, go to your friends party in jeans and an 'I love homework' t-shirt and you'll still be the prettiest there." He said tactfully. Sky grinned and I had to look away.

"You know I'm getting hungry as well, maybe we should get something to eat?" I said. I sped through the shopping aisle and out onto the busy street. I barged past the annoying groups of teenagers and people on their phones, and entered the nearest fast food joint.

"Um... A lemonade please." I ordered. Once I paid, I sat down and gazed onto the street.

Dylan didn't seem that interested in what Sky was wearing for her stupid party, so maybe he's not interested in her. If he was with someone like me for example, he wouldn't need to be forced to mooch around shopping centres, we would be playing guitar down by the river, or playing Guitar Hero, or just talking about school, or anything for that matter.

But by the way Dylan looked at Sky, I could tell he wasn't breaking up any time soon. My eyes misted over and I blinked furiously. I coughed away the bile that rose in my throat and slipped my lemonade.

"Hey, you ran off!" Sky lightly punched me in the arm before sliding into the seat beside me. Dylan sat directly opposite me, and I quickly looked away.

"I'll get us some food." Sky said. She glided off, leaving me and Dylan alone.

"Is it a bit weird? Me and Sky?" Dylan scrunched up his nose.

"Um... A bit." I said vaguely.

"I think she likes me though, don't you think?" He said, his eyes glued to the back Sky's head.

"Yeah..."

"Your a good friend Libs." Dylan grinned. I looked away, and i bit my lip as my vision blurred for the second time.

Friend...

"Actually, I think I'm going to head back home, I'm not feeling too good." I lied. Dylan looked slightly concerned, but not in the same way he looked at Sky when ever something happened to her.

I stood up, and walked out the door.

* * * * * * *

The rain hammered against the skin of the tee-pee, and thunder rumbled above like a tornado of pain. I could imagine Dylan and Sky huddling under a tree somewhere, and Sky reaching out and kissing Dylan. Or kissing in the rain because nothing could stand between them and true love.... Urgh those thoughts made me sick.

Sky could get any guy to fall at her feet. She just blinked and they declared their undying love. No boy had ever even suggested I looked nice or pretty.

"Eat up, you don't want to look like a twig your whole life." Lenny ordered. I glared at him and stared down at my tomato soup. Myself, mum, Lenny, Bob, George and Mindy were sitting in a circle in my tee-pee as they do every evening.