“Who among the noblewomen is fit to be queen? After the Empress’s death, it appears that the queen’s seat cannot be left vacant for the sake of the country’s stability.”

The dark place was the Emperor’s audience room. And in front of him stood Kyle, who had blossomed into a mature young man.

“Rosé, Count Michael’s eldest daughter… I think she would be the most suitable. I heard that her younger brother’s reputation is not good, but her conduct is.”

Hmm, the Emperor had a thoughtful look on his face.

Kyle opened his mouth again,

“I know Rosé was given an oracle by the Saintess when she was young. She will become a member of the imperial family in the future…”

“Hoo, I see!”

Something fell outside the door of the room where the audience was being held.

The woman standing blankly was Rosé, and what fell was a handkerchief she embroidered with Kyle’s name.

Darkness gradually crept into her eyes.

“Haa…”

I couldn’t stop marveling.

Should I call this a joke of fate?

“How could Your Highness… be like this?”

The following scene took place in a specific hallway.

Red sunset illuminated the man and woman’s faces. Kyle opened his mouth with a brusque expression,

“What do you mean?”

“The reason why I haven’t been married…”

Rosé’s desperate eyes welled up with tears.

“Because I trusted the oracle. I’m going to marry into the imperial family!”

Kyle did not hide his annoyance as he spoke firmly to her, who appeared to be on the verge of crying,

“Is there any problem now that the oracle has come true?”

Rosé’s eyes shook violently as she heard those words.

The denial of reality that this cannot be done and the painfully sought sense of reality. A deep sense of despair and pain filled her eyes.

After a while, her cloudy eyes became infested with strong opposition. Her clenched fists trembled.

“You’ve cruelly destroyed my world. Very cruelly…”

Kyle, on the other hand, was just staring at Rosé. With a completely uninterested expression.

“Someday…”

Her voice was locked.

Rosé looked at Kyle with dark, hostile eyes and said,

“You’ll regret it, Kyle.”

A cold dew was forming in her eyes. Then my feet landed on the floor again, and I was back in the present.

She was a villain, but the story I saw was a tragic one.

Unsure of what to say, I stared at her, but then she grasped the sword blade of the knight standing next to her. She shoved it into her chest without thinking twice, not letting out a single scream.

“……!”

I was so stunned that I couldn’t even speak.

“Y-Your Majesty the Queen!”

The dumbfounded knight hurriedly pulled out the sword stuck in her chest.

Her dress began to stain with dark red blood.

Splurt. Dark red blood flowed from Rosé’s lips.

I’ve been calm all along, even when Alberto’s head rolled, but my heart was racing like crazy.

“…Ariel.”

I barely came to when I heard Kyle’s voice and looked at him.

Kyle’s red eyes remained ablaze with cold rage.

“She is a woman who should not be exempt from the price of her sin in this way.”

Behind him, a dark aura flew.

“She shook the pillars of the empire, tried to assassinate His Majesty…”

His low voice flowed into my ears.

“And killed my people.”

Rosé’s eyelids fluttered, and blood flowed once more.

“She shouldn’t die this easily. I also don’t want you to try to save her.”

He seemed to be afraid that I would save her.

I turned to Rosé.

Her eyes were directed at me. Her bloodied hands would no longer be able to drive the sword deep enough.

“……”

Reyhas was staring at me with a deep gaze.

Why did Odyssey show me those scenes?

I stood for a moment, thinking.

“Your Majesty.”

I opened my mouth and spoke.

Kyle’s piercing gaze turned to me.

The look in her eyes was as eerie as that of a female demon, filled with hatred and murderous intent. She, who was dying helplessly, was staring at me as well.

The only one who could spare Rosé from life or death was me. That fact weighed heavily on my mind, but I already decided.

“I won’t save you.”

Kyle’s eyebrows twitched at my words that broke the silence.

I looked straight into his fiery red eyes.

“So I’m going to let her die like this.”

Looking into his eyes as he was ready to draw his sword at any moment, I confronted him.

Until her breath completely stopped.

Her quivering lashes drooped.

I could save people.

But it was not my domain to save someone who wished to die. Even if there was a reason why she shouldn’t die like this.

It’s a heavy decision not to save as much as saving. I just stood silently. It was right in front of me, but the same words came to my mind.

[Odyssey, the God of Love, stands behind you]

The blood disappeared from her pale skin.

The space between her sparsely exhaled breaths grew wider, and as she let out her final breath, she was submerged into the sea of eternal rest. Her face was filled with a selfishly calm expression.