𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝟹

Start from the beginning

༄CULLEN HOUSE- DECK-EVENING༄

"I was a little theatrical back then. Things got better after I found Emmett. But we'll always be this. Frozen, never moving forward. That's what I miss the most, the possibilities. Sitting on a front porch somewhere, Emmett gray-haired by my side, surrounded by our grandchildren, their laughter," Rosalie finished but falls silent for a beat. Bella turns to her, empathetic but holding her ground. "I understand, that's what you want. But there's nothing I'll ever gonna want, what we want more... ... than Edward," Bella confirmed her thoughts. "You're wrong again. After you've been changed, there's one thing you'll want more... One thing you'll kill for... Blood," Rosalie turns to her. Seeing her point has landed, Rosalie walks off. Bella, shaken, turns back toward the house and sees Edward standing in the window, looking out at her. I sighed as I follow Rosalie. "Rose," I said as I caught up to her. "I know how you're feeling. Being attacked like that by your fiancé. I know what the feeling is like." "How?" She asked me. "How would you know."

"Because I had that happing to me a few years ago before a became a vampire," I revealed, her eyes filled with venom tears. "He made me feel so dirty that I wanted to die. Then my father changed me and Thomas. when I moved here with my family and found Jasper, I knew I wanted to be with him, and overcome what happened." Rosalie didn't say anything as she hugs me. Jasper looks at us in sadness as he knew he failed in protecting me years ago."

༄FORKS HIGH SCHOOL–GYM –GRADUATION CEREMONY–DAY-༄

"When we were five, they asked us what we wanted to be when we grew up...," Jessica's speech began. Students, families, and teachers are in the gym as the ceremony continues. Umbrellas are on hand in case the clouds open up. "Our answers were things like astronaut, president...," Jessica continued, standing at the podium, class valedictorian. "Or in my case, princess. When we were ten, they asked again and we answered – a rock star, cowboy, or in my case, gold medalist. But now that we've grown up, they want a serious answer. Well, how 'bout this: who the hell knows?!" Loud hoots and hollers from the audience, in which Bella and I are sitting in the middle. Jessica's words are sinking in. "This isn't the time to make hard and fast decisions, it's the time to make mistakes. Take the wrong train, and get stuck somewhere chill. Fall in love – a lot. Major in philosophy because there's no way to make a career out of that. Change your mind. Then change it again, because nothing is permanent...," Jessica continued. Bella and I look at each other, knowing there will be no changing her mind once she made her decision. The speech continues.

༄HIGH SCHOOL GYM–GRADUATION CEREMONY–DAY༄

On the stage – Bella walks to the school principal and shakes his hand while receiving her diploma. I whoop her name as she glares at me. Everyone laughs as I give a goofy smile. Out in the audience, Charlie stands up and claps loudly, beaming with pride. After she went up, so did I. Charlie claps even louder, and so do the Cullens and my family. "So make as many mistakes as you can. That way, someday, when they ask again what we want to be... we won't have to guess. We'll know," Jessica finished as everyone clapped.

༄SCHOOL–POST-GRADUATION CEREMONY–DAY༄

Charlie, Bella, and I walk away, Bella awkwardly shouldering out of her gown and mortarboard. She and I ad-libbed "see you at the parties" with various students including the usual suspects if possible. Charlie wraps an arm around our shoulders, emotional. "I'm so proud of you, Bells. I can't wait to see what you two do next. You're my biggest accomplishment," he told her. "Dad, that's not true," Bella denied. "Yeah, it is. And it's... well, you'll see, when you have kids," Dad argued as Bella and I look at each other.

༄SEATTLE – ISOLATED STREET – NIGHT༄

Riley, exasperated, stands next to a late model sedan that lies upside down in the dark street. Smoke comes from the engine and a fire ignites. Inside the car, a woman screams. "What did I say, about low profile?" Riley screams. "Something's coming... Something... Bigger than any of us alone. And if you can't... ... control yourselves... We're all going to die." A male newborn ignores him as he pulls the screaming woman from the car and begins to feed on her. Nearby, two other newborns feed on prizes of their own – a female sex worker and a bike messenger. Riley gives up. "What's done is done, just... ... clean up after yourselves," He commanded. At an overpass in the distance, four figures stand utterly motionless, looking down at the mayhem. They're the Volturi: Jane with her misleadingly angelic face. The hulking Felix, elegant Demtri and cherubic Alec. All wear dark coats with hoods. Jane is calling the shots.

"They've already drawn too much attention," Felix said. "So has our 'inaction'. Others may begin to question the Volturi's effectiveness," Demitri added. "Let them," Jane states. "Maybe we should consult with Aro," Felix asked as he walks away from the group. Jane shoots Felix a look. Searing pain shoots through his body. The massive Felix drops to the ground writhing silently. "Aro's decisions are being watched. We must decide," Jane ordered. Alec carefully, gently touches her shoulder, interceding. "Then decide sister. It's time," Alec said as she releases Felix. Demetri helps him up. She smiles at Alec, utterly uncaring of the agony she just caused Felix. "Yes, it is. Either we let them do what they were created for... Or we end them. Decisions, decisions...," Jane states as she turns to the scene. Riley senses something and looks up. He didn't see anything as the Volturi are gone.