Chapter Six: Strange Realities and New Opportunities

Elise's POV:

"Hermione and Fred- are you serious?"

"Completely."

Ginny's mouth gaped open. "I can't believe she didn't tell us! What'd she think, that I'd spread it all around the school?"

I glanced at her in silence. She huffed. "Yeah, alright, I would. But still! This is the kind of thing you tell friends – not keep from them. I can't believe she didn't tell us."

"Tell us what?"

At the voice of Harry, Ginny and I locked eyes. Neither one of us moved an inch, afraid just that one motion would give everything away. We both knew that if Ron was still not happy about his best friend and Ginny, how the hell would he react to Fred and Hermione? Definitely not a family member he liked, not trusted.

Ron groaned. "Okay, what happened?"

"Nothing at all, just girl talk. And since the last time I checked, you're not a girl."

"Obviously not."

"Well alright then. Go." Ginny waved a hand and shooed the boys away.

"Why can't we know?" Harry asked.

"You can probably know, but I don't think Ron can."

"And why not?"

"Because you'll probably commit mass murder the second you find out and I don't need that kind of drama in my life right now."

I fought a smile through pressed lips. "It doesn't matter anyway. That's all there is to it."

"I really can't know?" Ron pouted.

I turned to Ginny with pleading eyes but knew by the shake of her head that she was right. I didn't need to see what the inside of Fred's head looked like. Nearly headless Nick still found his way to my nightmares.

I shrugged. "Sorry."

"Well, fine." Ron's arms crossed over his chest. "I guess you won't hear about my idea."

"Don't do this to me," I whined, "it was Ginny who didn't want to tell you."

Ginny stopped her protest, contemplating for a second. Then she nodded. "True."

"Tell me, please?"

I rested my cheek in the palm of my hand, tilting my head a little to the right. I didn't move my chin as I peaked up at him through my thick eyelashes. I batted them just a little. My lips came out into a small pout I knew would bring him over the edge. After only a second, Ron was forced to look away. Not that he seemed too disappointed in his defeat.

"Fine," he rolled his eyes, pretending to be annoyed. The small smile of his told me something different.

"Wanna come with me to the Quidditch match later?" He asked.

"Definitely!" I answered without hesitation. "I wouldn't miss it."

"Cool, it's a date."

I paused, a familiar strange feeling slowly sinking into my stomach. I was embarrassed at the excitement that bubbled inside me.

"A... date?"

Ron's eyes slowly widened. "No, no- not a date like a date-date I ment... ya know," he awkwardly chuckled.

I wanted to play it cool, gently nudging him in the ribs to stop his obsessive rambling. "Relax, I'm only teasing."

He let out a sigh of relief. "So I'll see you there?"