8. A Boy's House

Peter's house was a lot nicer than yours. It had cream wallpaper, fancy furniture and dozens of photos were stuck over the wall. Over half of them were Peter.

The man, who you were assuming was Peter's uncle, let you into the house. You stood awkwardly in the corridor, eyes flicking over your surroundings.

"Would you like a coffee or something?" Peter's  uncle asked.

"No thank you." You replied, feeling a little awkward.

"You just want to see Peter?" He asked, looking at you expectantly. And you nodded.

"Peter!" His uncle yelled up the stairs, "You've got a visitor."

There was a sudden thud above you, then a series of thumping noises. It sounded like something had fallen over or broken upstairs, but it turned out to be just Peter making his way across the landing.

The boy loitered at the top of the stairs, peering down to see who it was. His jaw dropped when he realised it was you.

"Y/n?"

You were looking a bit rough from yesterday. You were still wearing your skirt and boots but you'd ditched your jumper last night and now you were just wearing your shirt, which was starting to look a little creased. Your hair was slightly messed up, looking frizzy already.

You could tell that Peter didn't mind. He was just shocked to see you.

"Uh, Y/n," He didn't know what to say, he must've never had a girl round before, "Do you wanna come up?"

"Alright." You responded, feeling the colour rush to your cheeks as you quickly ascended the stairs and accompanied Peter to his room.

His room was messy. Open books lay sprawled over his desk and old clothes littered the floor. Old skateboards were hung on the wall, along with photos he had taken and his duvet covers were messed up.

He had a computer sitting on his desk, which was partially covered in little pieces of paper and scraps of photos. All sorts of random items had been stuck to his walls, some you were sure didn't even have any meaning to it. I mean, there was so much stuff.

"Sorry to come over without warning." You said, sitting down beside him on his bed, "I had a fight with my mum and I wanted to get out the house. I'm not sure why I came here to be honest."

You felt the heat rising to your cheeks.

"What was the fight about?" Peter asked kindly, staring into your eyes. You hoped he couldn't see the tears that were forming.

"Um.." You swallowed, wanting to change the subject, "It doesn't really matter now, how's your bite?"

"Uh.." Peter laughed awkwardly, "Not the best."

"What do you mean?" You were curious now.

He looked fine, I mean, a little sweaty, but besides that he looked healthy. What could be going wrong?

"I... I think it's done something to me."

You frowned, even more confused.

"Maybe it'd help if I showed you the bathroom." Peter stood up, gesturing for you to follow.

The two of you made your way across the hallway and stopped outside a door. Peter pushed it open, revealing one of the messiest rooms you'd ever seen.

The sink basin was smashed, the taps were broken and water was slowly seeping out of them and onto the floor. The mirror was cracked and there was toothpaste splattered all over it.

"What happened?" You asked, eyes wide.

"I don't know," Peter shrugged, "Even with the lightest of touches, things just seem to break. They never used to, it's only been since the bite."

He sighed, taking you back to the bedroom.

"Look."

He walked to the desk and placed his hand on a book. It immediately stuck to his hand, as if he'd glued it there.

"And it's like my reactions have been turned up. I can hear everything. I can see everything. Even the smallest insects crawling on the ceiling, I can feel it all."

Peter was starting to look feverish, and you were starting to get worried. You began to stammer..

"D... Do you... Do you think maybe we should take you to a hospital or something, or back to the lab? I'm sure Connors would know what to do."

Peter shook his head rapidly, "No. No. We can't risk that. I'll be fine. But maybe we should talk to Connors, he'll know about the spiders."

After talking a little more about the situation, the two of you readied yourselves and headed downstairs.

You were going to ask Peter's uncle where the doctor lived and hopefully, he'd be able to tell you some more, not just about your spider problem but also about your family problems as well. Dr Connor was supposed to know about your dad and if your mother wouldn't tell you, he was your only option. Grandma had suggested talking to him after all.

"Y/n," Ben Parker asked when you were downstairs, "What's your last name?"

"Y/l/n." You answered, and it was almost as if a switch had flicked in his head.

"Ah, now it makes sense why the two of you are so fussed about seeing Connors, right, got it." Peter's uncle smiled before quickly scribbling an address onto some paper, "Here, this is his house."

Peter grinned, taking it from his uncle and hurrying out the house, "Thanks Uncle Ben!"

"No problem kiddo-"

You didn't hear Peter's uncle even finish the sentence because the two of you were already out the house and heading down the road, hopefully on your way to find out answers to the certain situation.

A/n- Completely unrelated to the book but do you guys have any ideas on how I could make my room less dull, like decorations or posters, WHAT KIND OF POSTERS WILL LOOK GOOD??? I'm lost I rlly need advice 💀