3. Welcome To Oscorp

On Saturday morning, you set the alarm early. This gave you time to get ready and out the house before your mum woke up, so she wouldn't ask any questions. You didn't want to have to lie to her.

You hated lying, but at the same time, you didn't want to get into an argument, and you didn't want her to try and stop you. This was why you decide it was best to sneak out in the morning, without any hassle.

At about six, you sat alone at the table eating breakfast. You quickly downed your drink, and as quietly as you could, placed your utensils in the sink. You quickly scribbled a note, just so your mum wouldn't worry.

Just going to see Gwen, will be back for tea
From Y/n

It wasn't a lie. Just a fraction of the truth.

You smiled to yourself as you put down the pen and pulled your bag over your shoulder. You had to admit, you were quite exited to find out about your father, exploring the Oscorp labs was an added bonus.

You'd put on a nice skirt, a plain white shirt covered by a knitted jumper. You'd curled your hair today, it looked much nicer than it had ever looked for school.

Feeling confident, you tiptoed out of the kitchen and towards the door, getting as close as resting the hand on the door handle before you heard a familiar voice.

"Where are you off to so early?"

It was your mum. Shit.

"I'm off to see Gwen."

You answered, not making eye contact.

"So early?"

You turned to look at her. She was standing in the hallway in her pyjamas still. One of her eyebrows were raised, a clear sign that she could see right through you.

"Fine." You gave in, taking your hand off the door and looking at her seriously, "Grandma told me about Dad, and how I needed to go and see Connors. I'm off now."

Your mum sighed, looking at you worriedly, "Grandma's not in the right mind Y/n! You should know that!"

"How am I supposed to know you're not lying, like you did when I was younger?" You spat back, your anger was rising up again, this time you weren't afraid to let it loose.

Suddenly, your mother was lost for words. She looked oddly pale.

"But... Y/n." She began to speak but you'd had enough.

"No. Mum, let me go." You calmed your voice, adding one simple word,
"Please."

Your mum didn't say anything. She just stared at you, blankly. She almost looked sad.

"You're just like your dad." She mumbled, "Always wanting to go out, explore, discover something new."

You didn't know what to say. You let your mum continue.

"Just promise me you'll be careful Y/n." She said, looking at you endearingly.

You still didn't know what to say. You just nodded slowly then opened the door.

And then, before your mum could change her mind, you left the house, feeling a grin spread on your face. You were free.

You practically skipped down the road as you made your way towards the famous 'Oscorp.' You were a little early so passed the time in the city, looking in some shops as you walked by.

You arrived at outside the building at 8:45, exactly on schedule. Although, it wasn't much of a building, it was essentially a skyscraper. It towered over you, all you could do was stare up at it in awe. It was truly magnificent architecture.

You walked towards the building and through the revolving doors. Suddenly, you were hit with a sudden wave of sound.

Hundreds of people were bustling about the foyer, having polite chatter as they got along with their work. Tanoys were ringing out, informing people where they were needed and high-tech screens were plastered over the walls, harbouring technology you could only dream of.

You'd only been inside the building for a couple of seconds but you could immediately tell why Gwen loved her work so much.

You walked over to the Receptionist with a smile on your face, feeling ready for the day that lay before you.

"Can I help you?" She asked, looking up from her keyboard.

"Yeah, thanks, I'm here for the internship."

She glanced at you then at the table in front of you. "You'll find yourself to the left."

"What?" You were a little confused.

"You'll find your badge..to the left."

She broke the sentence down as if you were a child, which irritated you, but you weren't going to let it spoil your day.

You gave her a sarcastic grin before scooping up your name tag. You were impressed that Gwen had this much influence that she could secure you a spot like this. It was really cool, you had cool friends.

You hurried away, making your way towards the escalator and to the first floor, where you had been instructed to go.

The tannoy rang out again. It was starting to get repetitive now.

Welcome to Oscorp. Born from the mind of our founder, Norman Osborn, the Oscorp tower houses 108 floors of innovation. Our scientific minds are pushing the boundaries of defence, biomedical and chemical technologies. The future lies within.

As you made it to the top of the escalator, you noticed a group of students with name tags huddled together, clearly awaiting instructions.

You were hoping Gwen would show up soon. You wanted to see her before the whole 'internship' thing started. You'd be a lot less nervous if she was there.

Still, you headed towards the group of students, not expecting to see one of the people you least expected to be here.

Peter Parker.

Oh shit.

He'd spotted you too