for the best

Author: HawthorneWhisperer

Summary:
She wore that Granger expression, the one that said she was going to bully someone into something. Draco had a bad feeling it was about to be him. "I'll marry you," Hermione said.
"Don't be ridiculous."
"I'm not doing it for free. I marry you, then after a year we divorce and you agree to fund S.P.E.A.M.B. In perpetuity."
"Out of the question."
"It's just one year. We would both get what we want."
"Contracted marriages require consummation," he said, adding a leer for good measure.
Granger had gotten more attractive since their Hogwarts days, he would give her that much. Her jumper was atrocious, though. He had half a mind to burn it.
To his everlasting shock, she merely shrugged. "It's just sex. I've had it before and I presume you have too."
She was utterly serious. Draco stared at her and contemplated being married to her. She was irritating and he might make her promise to never wear that jumper again, but it was better than the alternative.
Draco would do just about anything to avoid being poor.
"You're serious?"
"Completely."
"Then congratulations, Granger. You've got yourself a husband."

Chapters: 19

Platform: AO3

Opinion:
Unfortunately, I do not have much to say because I was forced to drop it a few chapter left due to uncontrollable forces. (Yes, I lost the fanfic and forgot the name till I was lucky enough to stumble upon it a few months later. Leave me alone). However, I do remember LOVING it. It's not lie that I'm a sucker for fake relationships and arranged (yet voluntarily) marriages. It makes the enemies to lovers move faster without pushing it. And this fic did this just beautifully. I also want to really emphasize on the way Draco is written and how it didn't just change him to this pure-hearted good man. It kept reminding how he was raised a certain way through his entire life and some things just don't change from one day to another yet he does an effort and accepts this things. It is truly canon in my heart that this inevitably becomes an obstacle in their relationship so often but is strong enough to overcome it because Dramione is amazing. Anyways go read it lol.

Warning: Mature Content

Link:
https://archiveofourown.org/works/33983941?view_full_work=true