The Beauty and the Moonlight

Author: BrilliantLady

Summary:
When Harry helps Hermione find out the horrible truth - that Ron has been dosing her with love potions - she is furious. She is going to get her revenge on Ron in the most hurtful way she can think of – dating the one man he hates above all others.

Chapters: 11

Platform: AO3

Opinion:
Another fake relationship? Shocker really. But if you've really reached this far you know these is one of the absolute favorite tropes and I'm not ashamed. Sue me lol. Anyways, I actually really loved the idea of Hermione realizing she has been drugged and the way her anger bubbles and explodes. It was such a satisfying reaction plus the way she was so determined and forward with her plan. However, since it's only from her point of view I feel like the story would've been a lot more entertaining from both POVs. In addition, I really disliked the rushed ending. It was all very sudden and I even had reread that part out of shock lol. Due to this I feel like the story was forced shut and I wasn't able to have a good closure on this story. Besides that I enjoyed the bickering and the initial development even if I wasn't truly able to pinpoint like "ah so here's where the mix of trying to figure out what's pretend and whatnot" (which kind of is the point of the fake relationship trope). But I am such a sucker for this kind of stories and I found the reasoning so genius and interesting that I had to give it a chance for you guys.

Warning: Mature Content