Paul Lahote

All the pack but Sam were sitting around the table in Sam and Emily's dining room talking and eating the most amazing muffins Emily has ever made while we were waiting for Sam to get back from patrol. I had just taken a bit of my muffins when Sam walked in wearing an absent minded look on his face. He was so out of it he completely ignored Emily and just sat down in his usual chair and stared at the table. I watched as Emily slowly walked to him holding another plate of muffins and placing it on the table before placing her hand on his shoulder trying to comfort him. Once I noticed that he had snapped out of whatever funk he was in I asked him what happened that made him look like he was trying to answer all life's questions? Turning his attention to the pack he began to tell us about the vampire he met while on patrol hearing this all our heads turned to him. The way he was acting made me angry towards this mysterious new vampire thinking that it did some kind of mumbojumbo on him, but then he said that it didn't smell like other vampires we've encountered before which is like vanilla and death. He said it smelt like lilacs and oranges and that if you weren't focused on it's smell you'd miss the very faint scent of death that it has. Before Sam could say anything else Jacob asked him in a slightly angered tone why he didn't call for the rest of the pack. Sam then told us that it didn't try and attack him and stayed on it's side of the river on the Cullen's territory. Then he told Jacob, Quil, and Seth to bring the tribal elders to the pack house for an emergency meeting after sending them to get the elders he went silent staring at the table again lost in thought. The elders arrived in about fifteen minutes. The elders entered the house and sat down at the table with us when our tribe's chief Billy Black locked his wheelchair in place he asked Sam what this emergency meeting was about, and Sam told him what he had already told us about this new vampire he encountered. All the elders asked him questions and he answered them telling all of us what this vampire apparently told him. Then Old Quil asked if the vampire was a male or female and Sam said it was female and was mated to the one called Jasper. He told us about how she was still technically a baby vamp since she was turned in February on her birthday after she left the hospital for dehydration because her parents handcuffed her to a bathroom heater and locked her in the bathroom leaving her in there for almost a week while they just disappeared. Sam pulled out his phone to look for what I assumed was a picture before handing it to Emily who was sitting on his lap. Hearing her gasp had me a little bit curious as to what this vampire looked like and I was even more curious when she asked him if he was sure she was a vampire when we all know that if you drink animal blood your eyes are topaz colored and if you drink human blood your eyes are ruby colored then I heard her ask him why her eyes are blue then she passed the phone to Jacob who studied it for a minute before he passed it to Jared and myself and let me tell you she was down right gorgeous I looked for a moment before turning it for Jared to see and he agreed with me before we passed it to Leah who just glanced at it before handing it off to her brother, Quil and Embry. Quil took a quick glance to see what she looked like then turned his attention back to Sam while Seth and Embry sat there and starred like they were in a trance before Sam tapped the table in front of them making them pass it to the elders to look at. The studied the picture for a few minutes before handing it back to Sam who put it back in his pocket. Old Quil then asked Embry and Seth why they were looking at the picture for so long and Embry told him that he felt drawn to her that he felt like she was going to help bring him something or someone that'll be very much important to him and then Seth said basically the same thing. Everyone started asking questions and Sam answered them the best he could from what the tiny blue eyed vampire told him. He said that the coven that found her are from Alaska and are called the Denali and they are also animal feeders. Then Jared asked if she had any gifts and Sam told us that she could control anything that was of nature like the wind, plants, dirt, bring plants back to life, talk to the plants, and grow vines to aid her in a fight. Thinking he was done describing her abilities I leaned back in my chair and thought of everything thing he just said when he started talking again saying that she could make herself appear human to other supernatural creatures and that she still has her human traits meaning she can cry, blush, sleep and eat what we eat and survive since she only needs blood a couple days a month. She can also give mated vampires the ability to have children. Hearing this the elders tensed up. He then said something that made us laugh he said she told him that it wasn't only his woodsy scent that told her that he was watching her, but also the giant white oak tree he was hiding behind. Then Harry asked him if he thought she was dangerous and what surprised not only me but everyone is when he quickly said no. He then told us what happened as they finished talking about how she said that it was a pleasure meeting him and that she wished that she could meet all of us someday. He then looked at the elders telling them that she would also like to meet them and introduce herself to them to tell them her story and hopefully hear some of theirs too. I watched as Emily kissed Sam and disappeared into the kitchen to undoubtedly cook for us extremely hungry wolves. The pack sat silently listening to the elders discuss meeting with the tiny blue eyed vampire to see if she's like Sam described her to be before finally telling Sam to set up a meeting with her and that she was to be temporarily allowed on tribal lands as long as she brings Dr. David Wilbanks with her for now. I smiled to myself thinking that this tiny baby vamp is going to be something special.