𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝟸

Start from the beginning

༄𝙱𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊'𝚜 𝙵𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚝 𝚈𝚊𝚛𝚍-𝙳𝚊𝚢༄

Jacob was inside the house as we walked around. We searched for the scent, which was in her room and the living room. He nodded at us. We walked outside to see Edward and Jasper at the curb, frozen in place, waiting for eyes unblinkingly watching the front door. Jacob was behind me as they met us halfway. Jasper and Edward are cool, and calculating; Jacob is hotheaded and fractious. "Whoever it was, they left their stink behind. It'll be hard to miss when we cross it again. We'll handle it from here," Jacob informed them. "We don't need you to handle anything. Or anyone," Edward shot back. Jacob steps toward Edward who doesn't move. "I could care less what you need," Jacob hissed. "Alright, we're done here," I interjected. "No, you're done here," Jacob shot back at me. I growl at him. Same with jasper. Bella moves between us. "Stop. I'm tired of this," Bella spoke up. "From now on I"m Switzerland, Okay?" she finished as she tried to push us apart; it was like pushing boulders. "Stop!" Bella ordered as I stepped back. Jacob simmers. Edward and Jasper just look at him. "I don't expect you guys to chuck a football around together. Fine. But we have a lot of problems. And this is one temporary solution. Are you willing to at least try? " she added. a long tense beat. Finally, Jasper and Edward and I nod. Then Jacob.

"Alright, so you need to coordinate. You know, schedules and stuff," Bella asked, to which neither says anything. Bella sighs, and turns to Jacob. "Would the pack prefer days or nights?" she asked. "Nights," Jacob replied. "Will days work for all of you?" Bella asked me. we nod. "Good. See? How hard was that?" Bella asked us, Bella was determined to make this truce work.

༄𝙱𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊'𝚜 𝙷𝚘𝚞𝚜𝚎-𝙰𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚗𝚘𝚘𝚗༄ Bella's POV (😦)

From above, looking down at the dark, silent forest beyond the yard. Stillness. Suddenly, I see a movement in the trees. Then two gleaming eyes peering out, belonging to... a wolf skulking at the edge of the tree line. It looks up at me.

Daphne's POV

Bella stands in the window, looking down at her protector. Then, in contrast to the danger that surrounds her. "U.W. sent me and Eric our dorm assignments yesterday. Angela spoke up as Bella turned back to the room where Angela lies on the floor, a massive stack of graduation announcements in the "done" pile. Angela is blithely unaware of Bella's situation. "I'm in the furthest dorm from campus. Eric's in the closet, of course. Has Alaska assigned you guys dorms yet?" Bella looks at her, missing her already. She lies next to Angela and takes up a card to address. I'm on the other side of Angela, writing down the same thing again."Not yet," Bella answered for us. "Where are Edward and Jasper tonight anyway?" Angela asked. "Out looking for trouble," I replied. Angela hears the worry in my voice and looks at me. "Is something wrong?" she asked. "No, why?" I asked. "One, Jasper and Edward's always with you. Two, you keep looking out that window like you're hoping he'll show up with a mariachi band," Angela listed. I laugh at that.

"Angela what if Eric was secretly a member of this... violent gang, and... your brother was in this other gang, and they wanted to kill each other, and you couldn't tell anybody?" Bella's slightly odd remark just kind of sits there as I stare down at her. "It's okay. You don't have to talk about it," Angela replied. "There's nothing to... I mean there is but...," Bella debates then sits up, cross-legged, choosing her words carefully. How can she describe this? "Okay. You remember Jacob Black?" "Ah. Edward's jealous," Angela answered. "You say that like it's so obvious," Bella told her. "Oh, it's not?" Angela asked. " It is," I added Bella, looked at me, and went back to angela. "Edward just thinks Jacob's dangerous or something... bad influence on me," Bella added. "But he knows that he has been my friend since childhood." Angela smiles and shakes her head. "What?" Bella asked. "I've seen the way Jacob looks at you.  Edward has seen it too, and they're only human. He's going to react like any other guy," Angela explained. "It's more complicated than that," Bella told her.