Chapter One: Good Ol' Family

(A/N, baba is gender neutral for parent, and bibi is a gender neutral term for aunt/uncle.)

It was supposed to be a family reunion. A nice drive to Raccoon City, every year to see my parents. Now, it's turned into a forgotten city, something that no one wants to remember. I am here to keep that story alive, the horrors that we went through.

This is my story.

09/26/98

6:00 pm

"Yes mama, I know how much this means to you."

"..."

"I promise, I'll meet you at home, ok?"

"..."

"Alright, love you too. Say hi to baba for me. Bye."

I set the phone back into the receiver in the center console of my Audi V8. 'It's crazy how you can have a phone in your car!'

(Heya, it's me, the author. I'm going to be using photos and visuals for this story, because it helps me visualize things better. I'm sorry if this seems a little cringey 😬)

 I'm sorry if this seems a little cringey 😬)

Looking out the window, I see pedestrians and store fronts whiz by, before rows upon rows of houses pop up

Looking out the window, I see pedestrians and store fronts whiz by, before rows upon rows of houses pop up. Driving down the road, I finally pull up Infront of my family home. As soon as I shut my car door, little footsteps scramble down the front steps and crash into me.

"Bibi! You made it!" My nephew, Teagen shouts as he wrapped his arms around my leg. On the other leg is my niece, Ophelia. She gives me a toothy grin.

"Hey you guys! Have you been waiting for me?" I asked, ruffling their curls. They got those from their mother, my sister. When she was younger she had the thickest curly hair you ever saw.

"Uh huh! You always play with us and bring us sweets! You're our favourite!" Ophelia remarks, digging her face into my leg further. I look up from them to see my sister, Katie, struggling down the stairs, clutching her stomach. When she made it down and over to the car, I smirked at her.