1 ~ Don't Tell Anyone

"Lil' Shrimpy, go on a date with me!"

"Excuse me!?"

Floyd Leech often came off as impulsive, hasty, and careless, but he was far from it. In truth, he had planned this out several times over in his head and had imagined all possible outcomes. He needed her to say yes. She had to say yes.

"Wanna go on a date with me~?" He repeated, leaning against the wall next to her with his signature wide, toothy grin. It was right after school and the second she exited the classroom, he'd gotten her away from the crowd of students and sprung the question.

Yuu stared up at him slack-jawed and red-faced. Never in her wildest dreams would she ever imagine being asked out by Floyd Leech, especially not out of nowhere. She had no idea he'd ever even considered her that way.

Floyd stared down at her with the grin still plastered on his face, allowing for silence to settle in and the tension in the atmosphere to thicken. Grim sat awkwardly in her arms, unsure of what to do in this situation. How does one behave when their minion is getting asked out on a date?

She tugged at her hair, trying to obscure her reddening face. "Like, a date date?"

He caught her hand, stopping her from hiding her face. "Yeah, a real date." He leaned down next to her ear and whispered, "And don't hide your face~ you're cute when you blush."

Yuu buried her face into the top of Grim's head, eliciting a yelp from him and a hearty laugh from Floyd. "Didn't I just tell you not to hide~?"

"Um, I..." She lifted her face up to look at him. "S-Sure," she answered. "I'd like to go on a date—a date with you."

His grin widened and he beamed at her. Everything was going exactly as he planned, yet he still felt elated when Yuu said yes. It was clear that she had butterflies in her stomach from the way she was fidgeting, the sight only making Floyd fall even harder for her.

"W-Well... I'll get going, then?" Yuu pointed in the direction of the Mirror Chamber. Floyd wrapped his arms around her and squeezed her tightly, suffocating Grim in the process. "I'll see you later then, Lil' Shrimpy~!"

She waltzed off with a pep in her step and Floyd watched from behind, a grin on his face. "Shrimpy! One last thing!" He called, causing her to pause and turn around with a confused look.

'Even when she's all confused, my little shrimp is so adorable~'

He held a finger to his lips and grinned, an unreadable look dancing in his heterochromatic eyes.

"Don't tell anyone."