Professor Red's New Weapon Is A WHAT!?

Start from the beginning

"Death to the demons!" Rarity roared as she ran up to a Demon Steve and impaled one with her horn, which is glowing blue. Rarity's magical aura is of a similar colour to Starlight's, but has more blue in the middle, and the colouring is more saturated. Fluttershy gives a Demon Steve the stare, distracting it, letting Rainbow Dash swoop in to get a good hit to it's head. Pinkie Pie fires TNT blocks out of her party canon, exploding many more demons. Twilight hovers up and shoots several powerful purple beams of magic, destroying more demons than her friends put together. She doesn't stop until every last Demon Steve is gone, which she then hovers down whilst panting.

"Doctor, is that you?" Fluttershy shook whilst stepping forward. He nodded.

"I would say how you doing, but the more appropriate question is... how you coping?" He replied.

"What have you come here for?" Pinkie Pie asked.

"Got told by myself to go back here, with barely any context," The Doctor replied.

"Twilight you okay?" Sabre asked, running to the purple alicorn.

"Yeah..."

"You need to conserve your energy Twilight. Dark went all out and was left breathless and then we faced another assault of demons."

"I hate them demons so much... after just only a few months one thing is sorted, they come along... I- I feel like a failure that I can't stop things like this..." Twilight sighed, looking to the ground.

"You're not a failure Twilight! You try your hardest in any situation!" Spike couldn't believe that Twilight would call herself a failure.

"Nopony could foresee this coming. Trying to expect the unexpected all the time is just impossible- We held Canterlot, and- And not just that, all of Equestria is on high alert of the situation because of you," Starlight firmly tried to Twilight.

"I... feel like I should've done more..."

"We all feel like that when we see many of us fall. When we see things like this, we're quick to blame ourselves. But in this situation, we've done all we could've done. In this fight, we're all fighting as one. In battles, there will be those who won't make it, but each fighter is a volunteer. It isn't about the sword, it is about the one and the shield, the safety for what lays behind while they move forward, to protect what they stand for-"

"I reeeeally like the motivating speech here Sabre but there's A WHOLE WAVE OF ARMOURED DEMONS!" Time Steve screamed, trying to use his lightning against the Demon Steves, but it has no effect.
-----------------------------------------------------------
(North of the Town Hall)

"There we go, another wave gone," Said Light Steve as he impales the last Demon Steve with his spear, destroying the demon.

"Good job everybody, coordination is much better," Shining Armour commended.

"Do we push up? These demons aren't as powerful as the ones in Canterlot," Dark Steve asked.

"No, hold positions," Shining Armour firmly replied.

"The longer we just hold, the further we'll be pushed back to the Town Hall. I say we move up, we'll have support from the bows above us. We'll also get more open field which will give more opportunities to use ranged attacks," Light Steve countermanded Shining Armour.

"However Shining, you know Equestria inside out. I say you call the shots," Light Steve made a u-turn on his countermand.

"Now you put it that way... right- Everyone! March on! Push the demons back!" Shining Armour yells as he agrees with Light Steve. Ahead, more Demon Steves starts spawning. Light Steve, Dark Steve, Shining Armour and some Colourless and Royal Guards take position between 2 houses.