Chapter 6: Kiba's Memories

Start from the beginning

Just both him and her. Sleeping on the same bed, sharing meals, and even bathing together. But Riser just saw her as an ally, so he didn't react at all when seeing her naked or when she's acting intimate. Making her a feel a bit of frustration since he never once properly looked at her.

"... It's time for us to find another hideout"

Riser said as he stood up and looking at their scarce food supply. Making him scratch his head as it would be hard to find more food for both of them, especially since he had already raided all abandoned malls, shops, and convenience store in Japan. Ever since Issei took control, all realms turned into an apocalyptic world, all except for the underworld where his main base was located.

"Why?"

"It usually took them ten to eleven months to find my hideouts... and we've stayed here long enough. We can't be in a single location for a prolonged period. That would only endanger us in the future... that guy is cunning and sly, so he won't immediately reveal that he found us. He would thoroughly prepare so that we are unable to escape from him again"

He answered before grabbing the ragged jacket that he hanged to dry after washing off the dirt and blood that stained its fabric. Making Yumi nod her head in response before following him out without question. All because she knew that he has more experience in this more than anyone else.

"Where are we going?"

"... To Europe. We won't find anymore food here so... I plan to move to another, far away country... and I plan to pay a visit to the graves of your friends, Yumi. I should at least pay my respects before we enter the underworld after a few weeks"

"... I understand"

She said before her vision started to distort as soon as she closed her eyes. Replacing the scene that she witnessed into that of an abandoned church. Making her look around in response as snow fell down on her clothes, causing her to feel a bit cold before Riser placed a thick coat on her body.

"Riser... how about your-"

"I'm surrounding myself with a special barrier to keep myself warm. The snow will immediately evaporate once they get a few inches close to me, so take it. We can't have you catching a cold"

He said with a smile on his face. Turning his head back to the makeshift graves that he and Yumi made years ago when the world wasn't in ruins. Making Yumi show a look of melancholy on her face. Remembering all of her dead friends due to the "Holy Sword Project".

"I wonder what they would say... if they saw me now"

She muttered since unlike before, she has grown stronger. Stronger than even Satan-Class devils due to Riser's help. Making Riser pat her on the head in response.

"I'm sure they'll be proud of you, Yumi... but it's a shame that they died... if I was given another chance in life then maybe... if I still remember them. I'll save them for you, Yumi. They were brave children that sacrificed themselves for you to escape so, I really commend them for their deeds. If it weren't for them then, I wouldn't have met you after all"

He said, causing Yumi to sweetly smile in response. Wrapping her arms around his right arm before leaning her head closer to his shoulder. Making Riser show a helpless look in response before he bowed his head at the direction of the graves to show his respect.

"Let's go inside... I still need to set up the tent that we'll use"

He said as he started to walk inside the ice-cold and dark church. Making Yumi follow his footsteps as they walked inside the deepest parts of the church, causing Riser to light a fire using his hand and scattering it across the room. Melting and burning all of the ice and dust that formed throughout the years that it hasn't been in use.