Books and Sake

Pov Kazuha

Today was Zuchis birthday, and well I would lie if I said that Ningguang, Beidou and I haven't been working on his gift for the last couple days, I've had the idea for quite a while now and since Zuchi has yet to really stick with a weapon we thought maybe a nice self made catalyst would do him wonders, it had elements of us 4 engraved on it everywhere, the small electro dragons that Beidou created with her burst, crystals from Ningguang and an Inazuman Maple leaf with a lightning embracing it all.

Because he is worth so much more than he knows.

I carefully wrapped the reddish shaded book in a silky fabric and tied a piece of fabric around it, meanwhile Beidou and Ningguang were busy in the kitchen, Ning preparing the table and Beidou cooking a big meal.

Zuchi was still asleep since he wanted to have a sleep in on his birthday and honestly, Id respect that if he hadn't been sleeping till noon almost every day since he got on the crux.

I placed the gift onto the counter in Beidous quarters which was located next to the dining table and exited the room.

As I snuck down to my room I heard a silent humming coming from behind the door so I peeked through the door and saw Zuchi brushing his hair with one of Ningguangs liyuen combs, the lighting coming from the window next to the wall-mirror truly made him look like a celestial being.

He put his hair behind his shoulders again and turned around.

Aren't you gonna come in and fulfill your promise about those morning kisses?

I chuckled and went inside, embracing him.

We locked eyes and after a everlasting moment held each other close.

And we stayed like that for quite a while before I made the move. As our faces inched closer to one another, our eyes closed shut and we let our lips softly collide with each other.

Hands tangled in long hair, sun rays grazing our skin.

It was perfect.

Though as soon as my hands went from his lilac hair to the back of his neck to keep him selfishly close I felt a spark of electricity rushing through me, urging me to come closer and stay right here with the man that I loved.

We parted eventually, staying close.

actually, Beidou, Ning and I have a little something for you. And we hope it will be most beneficial for you~

I told him under my breath.

can we stay like this just a moment longer though, Kazu?

ugh..you know I cant resist it when you say stuff like that, alright fine. come here

Zuchi chuckled lowly, tangling porcelain hands in white hair and our heartbeats in sync.

This would be the only thing Id ever thank Ei for, for creating the love of my life.

You know, youre the best thing that ever happened to me, I am so thankful to be honored to get to know you.

Pfh..Kazuha, I remember so much, what happened to your family because of me, and you guys never even hated us, I still remember when your mom cared for us both when Ei was busy creating the Shogun, I had no idea what was going on back then.

Yeah well, we figured things out eventually. But that whole Fatui thing was really messed up though!

I tousled his hair and we started tickling eachother laughing so much our stomaches started to ache as much as our hearts did while we were apart.

Also uhm, Im sorry for not being there for you while Timo died, because you were there when well, you know..*he* died..

Suddenly Kunikuzuchi went quiet and I saw his eyes darken.

A bandaged hand found his cheekbone and I nudged him a bit to look at me again.

Hey! Its okay, I get that you had your own ambitions and things you wanted to accomplish. Zuchi its entirety fine that you werent able to be there.

Crystal-like tears ran down his face and i didnt wait another second to rush him into a tight embrace.

Knocking from outside the door interrupted us however.

Are you guys okay in there, Can I come in?

Beidous worried voice was heard from the other side of the closed wooden door.

Yeah, well be out in a bit. No need to come in, Mom.

A chuckle was heard and then another set of footsteps.

Dont have too much fun in there, the food is ready!

Ningguangs voice joined in.

I looked at the purple haired man infront of me, asking for reassurance for my next answer.

He nodded and sniffed his nose while I wiped his tears with my hands, the bandages now tear stained but honestly, I couldnt care less.

I stood up from the bed first and then offered my hand to the other who gladly took it onto his own, softly smiling at me.

youre lucky I like you or else you wouldve gotten zapped just for thinking Id ever even need your help.

Yeah, sure. Whatever my lovely ex-harbinger says~

Scara just scoffed and snapped his hand out of mine again, though I was quick to reunite them, making sure to give him soft kisses to his knuckles before going ahead and opening the doors to reveal The two women still standing there, waiting for us to be done with whatever we were doing.

Alright you two, now come on. The food will get cold.

We followed after the two and once we arrived back in the dining room we all sat down whilst Ningguang got the pots and set the food down on the table.

Even during our meal, kunikuzuchi and I have eachother quick glances and at some point my hand even rested on his upper thigh to hold his hand, eventually the sailor outside started singing their own songs and the music lit up the mood a whole lot and beidou even brought in some sake we got from Inazuma and we all had a few sips too many.

Yeah well it all ended up in us going out to the sailors and joining in on the charades, at the end of the night when we all sobered up enough I went downstairs again and got the package, turning around to see Zuchi whos followed me down already looked at me with lidded eyes as he began to doze off.

I softly nudged him and his eyes stirred open again and we just stared at each other for a moment.

I-uhm, well, Ningguang, Beidou and I, we all had a bit of a surprise for you, we worked on it together so we all had it as a gift for you and now its time for you to open it, youve truly earned it.

I handed him the wrapped book and saw his eyes lit up as the packaging came undone, he opened it and did a rush through the pages before closing it and looking at the title of the catalyst.

He looked up from the book and embraced me with teary eyes, and said:

Its better than anything I could have ever asked for, thank you so much for your patience. I love you so much, my Scarlet Leaf

Thank you for reading. :>