Chapter 8: Happy Birthday, Soldier

September 7th, 2027

He's unlacing his combat boots when he hears her light giggle. Hands grip his shoulders, pulling him up from his crouched position.

"Happy birthday, soldier." She says, placing a kiss by his ear. His lips crack into a smile, and he turns around, taking her into his arms. Her hairs damp, a t-shirt and sweats on her body, but her makeup is done, lips glossy.

"Thank you, gorgeous."

She's smiling widely, like she has a secret, and she holds his hands between them, bouncing on the balls of her feet. "I have a gift for you." Then she shrugs. "Gifts. plural."

"You didn't have to get me anything." He retorted as she dragged him through his room, pushing the bathroom door open.

"Who says I bought you anything?" She giggles.

The scent of jasmine is strong, and he looks around his bathroom. There are multiple candles strewn around, on the sink, on the tub edge and the shelf. The bathtub faucet is on, the sudsy water slowly rising, rose petals floating in the water. There's rose petals on the floor as well, a fluffy white towel propped up on the closed toilet seat next to a few bottles of unidentified liquids.

"I bet you've never been to a spa hmmm?" She laughs, obviously satisfied with herself, and she gives him the once over as he shakes his head. "Now strip, that mission definitely made you need a bath. Get in the tub. I'll be back in just a moment."

Leaning on her tiptoes, she kisses his cheek. His skin warms at the contact, and he's sure he's blushing.

He removes his jacket, pulling at the velcro and straps until he's naked, gingerly stepping into the water. It's hot, and he eases down, sighing deeply.

He didn't deserve this treatment.

Balancing his elbows on the rim of the tub, he leaned back, eyes closed. He didn't open them as the door creaked open, but he smiled as she giggled.

"Something funny, darlin'?" He drawled, opening one eye at her. She's kneeling by the tub, her sleeves pushed to her elbows as she lifts one of the bottles.

"Nah, I've just never seen you look so serene while naked," she laughed, squirting the bottle's contents onto her hands. Dipping one hand in the water, she worked them together, creating a lather. "Darlin'? That's a new one."

She reaches for him, places her hands in his hair and begins a slow movement. He shuts his eyes as her nails scrape lightly. He'd never felt so at ease, his muscles relaxing as Wanda moved from his head to his shoulders. She squeezed the skin, lapping the water up, roses sticking to his damp chest.

"I have a game while you relax." She whispered, leaning close.

"Yeah?"

"Yes." She dunks her hands into the water, cleansing the suds away, and reaches for a clear cup balanced on the toilet seat. "Guess what number I'm thinking of, between one and five."

He's curious, wondering where she's taking this, and decides to entertain it. "Hmm, three?"

"Nope."

"Four."

She takes the cup, fills it with water, and gently drops it over his shoulders.

"Correct." She sings, dropping the cup into the water and stands. "You get a prize."

She reaches for her sweat pants, dragging them down slowly, watching him watch her. Creamy thighs are exposed, her hips encased in a pair of lace panties.

Bucky swallows.

"Ok, try again," she instructs, bending back down to retrieve the cup and drops more water on his hair, the suds flowing down his neck. "This time between one and twenty."