Terra sighed as she handed me a pot to hold, "That's easy for you to say. You get your own dorm room. No first-year gets that, nobody gets that."

She's right. But no first-year has a mom who's a headmistress. A headmistress who made sure that there was a designated room so they could have a clear and hawk-like watch on their daughter. Make sure she was doing her homework and staying out of trouble.

"It's not as dream-like as you and everyone else make it out to be," I mutter but Terra was too busy checking and fixing her plants that got messed up from the light breeze to notice.

A ding from my phone distracted me from Terra's plants and I really wish it hadn't.

Drop your things off in your room and come to my office.

-Mom

"Shit," Terra mutters over my shoulder probably reading the text.

"Once I'm done I'll come over to yours. This shouldn't be long." I tell Terra quickly and hug her goodbye and good luck as I rush into the school. My dorm wasn't far from the rest of them. It was a little off to the side but not that far away. I hadn't been in this room for a while. I know this because the dust that was building on the white desk in the far corner was thick and layered on top of each other.

My bed looked somewhat clean -it was made at the most. Everything else was either laid randomly on the floor or just in the wrong place. But I had no time to worry about it. I left my suitcases dead center in the room and just grabbed my phone before I walked out and locked the dorm room.

It was an easy tread to my mom's office. Only because I had made the route countless times over and over again. It wasn't hard to forget. When I get to the office I knock on the glass door twice.

"Come in!" A male muffled voice yelled out.

"Oh, hello, uhm -my mom asked for me," I say to Callum who was busy sorting out piles of files that were scattered around his desk. In the years before I used to help him sort everything out. I couldn't join the students during classes solely because I wasn't actually attending the school at the time. So I came into the office to help out with this.

"Yes! She's in with a student at the moment you will have to wait for a minute." He tells me as he continued with the files. He looked a little stressed. I could feel it radiating off of him. That and a nervous conscious. And as odd as it was it was normal to feel it off of him.

"Do you need a hand?" I ask him and he shakes his head with a wave of his hand.

"No. I have most of it handled. I should be done with this by the end of the day. And besides, you have classes you need to be worried about." Callum said with a knowing look.

I know I have classes. But it's not like I can make time to help him sort out some files that I've sorted out repeatedly for years. But I know he just doesn't want me to help him because it would get me in trouble with my mother. 

"Well, I hope you enjoy your stay here at Alfea. If you have any concerns you may come see me at any time."

I turn around and see my mom's office door open as she walked out with some redhead girl in a dark mahogany cardigan over top of a black dress with a colorful floral design. She was probably the first world transfer I heard my mother whisper about. The girl turns around and gives me a small nod as she makes her way out of the office. And once the door is shut behind her is when my mom turns to me.