Chapter 16: The Date

AN: I'm finally all caught up in posting the chapters I had written ahead of time, but will try to keep posting updates daily!

Ingrid was helping curl my hair as I put the final touches on my makeup.  Even though Harry and I had been in this crazy friends with benefits situation I felt nervous at how official tonight felt.

"You look great M, red is truly your color." Ingrid smiled at me finishing the last curl. I looked down at my red corset top paired with black leather pencil skirt.

"I'm nervous, Grid."

"Why babes? You've literally spent basically what, two months going on 60 with him?" She laughed and pinned back part of my hair.

"I just feel like I don't know when I went from, 'I don't want him as a rebound' to 'Harry, kiss me now please'.

Ingrid burst out in laughter and I joined her.

"I mean, I don't blame you. Plus he's the sweetest with you always. He treats you with the type of care you should have always been given."

I smiled and nodded because I knew it was true. Harry's caring for me was special. I never once doubted myself, well except with Olivia, but I quickly shook that thought from my head.

I took a deep breath and let it out, "You're right, Grid."

"I know," she smirked, "okay, now stand up and let's practice ladylike in and out of the car. Just in case of paps. We don't need a Lindsay moment here."

We practiced a couple times before we heard my mom calling from downstairs that Harry was here.

I felt so giddy, and as I made my way down the stairs, Harry was waiting in the doorway, and I couldn't get over how amazing he looked. He was wearing a black blazer jacket over a white collared shirt, obviously unbuttoned to mid chest, his swallow tattoos peeking out slightly. His hair was actually combed down today, and I felt my skin heat up, and my face flush. I looked him up and down, and I had to stop myself from thinking about the things I wanted to do with him.

I felt myself look down, then back up at him. I no longer felt ashamed, because from the way he was looking at me, I knew similar thoughts were running through his brain.

"M, you look amazing, as always."

I bit my lip and smiled, "Thanks H, clean up good yourself."

He smiled at me before turning to my mom, "Well Lisa, we will see you later," he looked up the stairs, "Bye Ingrid,"

We made our way out the door to his car, and before he opened the door, he did what I wished he would have done sooner and kissed me softly. I smiled, pulling away, and couldn't help but giggle at my red lipstick slightly on his lips. I wiped his lips softly.

"We need to go, or I won't want to take you to dinner anymore, I'll take you to my place instead," he smirked.

I laughed and stepped aside as he opened the door for me, and got in.

Soon we were on the road, and much to Harry's dismay, he began a conversation he stated he hated having, but needed to have with me.

"So here's the truth, Miera. When we get there, we probably will avoid all the paparazzi, but they will be there when we leave. Almost 100% guaranteed, the restaurant will call. I know, the fans love you, for the most part now," he paused and swallowed, "But others won't. They will say really mean and nasty things. And I just want you to skip past all that. All the theories they may hav—Harry I know."

He looked at me as we approached a red light, "I used to be, or well am," I chuckled softly, "a Harry Styles fan. I probably contributed to that too, and I'm sorry. But I know, I'm kinda ready for it."