“Tim…” Dick whispered, voice filled with sadness. 

“We were going to get them tattooed as soon as we turned 18.” he whispered. 

Tim broke down, his silent tears now becoming heartbroken, body shaking sobs. Dick ran over quickly, kneeling beside his younger brother and wrapping his arms around the smaller boy. 

“I miss her, Dickie.” he cried, “I miss her so much!” 

……………………………………

“If we spend our days waiting for fabulous roses, we could miss the beauty and wonder of the tiny forget-me-nots that are all around us.”

Dieter F. Uchtdorf

……………………………………

Tim wished for many things. 

He wished his parents hadn’t worked so often. 

He wished Jason hadn’t died. 

He wished he hadn’t had to become Robin to keep Batman from going crazy.

He wished he had spent more time with those he loved. 

He wished his mother hadn’t died and his father hadn’t gone into a coma. 

He wished he had some time to process and mourn everything that had happened to him. 

But most of all he wished that Steph was still here. And that he’d gotten to say goodbye. 

He wanted to lay in his bed and never leave. 

What was the point in getting up? His girlfriend, his best friend, the love of his life, was dead. 

As was his father. 

And his stepmother. 

All within a few months. 

He wanted to sit in a chair and process, mourn, and say goodbye. 

He wanted to have his Bella Swan moment. 

But, as they say. 

There’s no rest for the wicked. 

He put Cluemaster back in jail with multiple wounds and a bruised ego.