Battle of the Video Games

This took..... Awhile. But, I have a decent reason.

I've been doing the Halloween Prompts thing and been busy with school work. And then my brother found out his best friend had cancer, so we've been dealing with that. And then I had to babysit 7 kids, all under the age of 9, the youngest 3 being 4, 2, and 1 for roughly 9 hours.
I'm very exhausted.

Let it be known that I do not know Smash or Mario Kart terminology, even though I've played both.

But anyways, enjoy
...

"This is a Nintendo." Tim said, picking up the device and showing it to his favorite younger brother. 

Damian looked at the game consul, looked up at Tim, and back down again. 

"This is the "best thing since cut dough" you were talking about?"

"Sliced Bread," Tim corrected, "and yes. It is."

Damian looked skeptical. "And... What do we do with this "Nintendo"?" 

Tim grinned. "Oh, Dami. I'm about to change your life."

... 

"Go, go, go, Go, GO, GO- aw man!" Tim whined, pouting as Damian stole the Super Smash Ball from him. 

Damian cackled as he kicked the rainbow ball again, causing it to make Kirby, his character, to receive the power-up. 

"Nice job, Dami." Tim said, ruffling his hair with a fond smile as Diddy Kong flew off the stage. 

Damian grinned. 

... 

At some point, the other members of their family trickled in one by one. 

... 

"Hell yeah!" Jason cheered, "Take that Dickhead!"

Dick glared at his younger brother mockingly, not able to hide the happy smile gracing his face. 

Jason's cries of triumph were silenced by Damian kicking him off the stage. 

Steph highfived Damian, giggling as she and Tim had their own battle on another level of the stage. 

... 

"What are you guys doing?" Duke asked, wandering into the den once he'd gotten home from school. 

"Hey, Duke!" Tim greeted, "We're teaching Damian about Nintendo games!" 

Duke took in the disaster that was the room Tim had chosen, seeing the popcorn and drinks, the evil grins, and the shouts of triumph. 

"And you started with Smash Bros?" Duke questioned, incredulously. 

"What else would we have started with?" Tim asked, the face of innocence.

Duke's eyebrow twitched. "Right. It's not like there were so many more options."

"Glad you get it Duke." Tim said cheerfully. "Now, do you wanna play?"

Against his better judgement, Duke sat down. 

...

"How long have they been doing this?" Barbara asked from the doorway, where she and Bruce had been watching the siblings battle. 

"5 hours." Bruce said, "And counting. It's non-stop, Barbara. Please, save me. Make them stop."

Babs smirked, rolling into the room.

"Boys, Girl!" she exclaimed, looking at them and Steph. 

The activity froze as they all turned to look at one of the two people who could actually make them stop. 

Babs grinned wickedly. "Hand me a remote."

The room erupted into cheers, Dick handing his wife a remote along with a kiss to the cheek. 

"Betrayer." Brice hissed, slinking away to find Alfred. 

... 

Nobody really knew when Cass joined them. 

She was just there. 

And beating everyone's butt at Smash. 

"How is that even possible?" Jason asked, gapping at where Cass had done a series of complicated moves with Sora, sending everyone off the platform. 

Dick coughed. "I think we should switch games."

"Mario Cart?" Duke suggested. 

His siblings grinned in agreement. 

... 

Currently, Dick was in the lead on their third lap, close to the finish line. 

Tim was right behind him. 

"Ha!" Dick crowed, "You'll never catch me!" 

Tim smirked, throwing his last red shell, hitting Link dead on and sending him spinning towards the edge of the track. Tim's Luigi passed over the finish line, dancing in glee as one by one the rest of the players joined him. 

Dick stared in shock at the screen, his mocking place number of 5 staring back at him. 

Tim cackled

... 

Damian gasped as Bowser drove under water, his jaw dropping in surprise. 

"It can go underwater?!" he asked. 

Jason nodded. "Oh, yeah. There's all sorts of crazy science defying shi- I mean stuff happening in here."

"It's better to just not question it." Duke added. 

Damian nodded. 

... 

Steph was taking her misfortune at the game out on singing. 

It was incredibly hilarious. 

"Oh, Toad." she cried, putting her hand dramatically on her heart, "Why did you betray me so?"

"It wasn't that hard to drive in a straight line," she continued, standing on the couch now. "And yet you couldn't compete your task."

"Ooooooooh, Tooooooooooad." she finished. 

The rest of the occupants in the room blinked in silence, before erupting into cheers and whistles. Steph bowed deeply, grinning from ear to ear. 

"Thank you, thank you."

... 

"Young Masters and Misses." Alfred said from the doorway, "It is time for dinner. It would behoove you to put the games away and come eat."

Although there was pouring and sounds of complaint, they complied, knowing full well not do disobey Alfred. 

They all filed out of the room, picking up the pace once the delicious smell of Beef & Noodle Stew reached their noses. 

Soon, all that was left in the room were Tim and Damian. 

"Will we do this again someday?" Damian asked, watching Tim put the switch in its port. 

Tim smiled. "'Course, Dami. You can play pretty much whenever, as long as something else isn't happening."

Damian's smile in return was bright enough to light up the darkest room.