"But, but you hurt Sasuke-kun," Sakura tearfully stammered, fearful of Naruto's new attitude towards her.

"Same typical Sakura, always with the one track mind and always about Sasuke! Everything and everyone be damned, especially me!"

When Sakura couldn't even answer the young shinobi and only sob, Naruto spat with disgust at his teammate and said with venom dripping from his voice, "Fine! Take Sasuke! I don't care anymore! I've only ever done what's asked of me, but I see now it will never be enough! This is goodbye, Sakura! I hope you're happy with this prick!"

Naruto turned around and left the village. He gripped his chest in pain as he took off as fast as his wounded body would take him.

Tsunade arrived at the gate, but she was to late to stop the damage that had been done.

"Where's Naruto?" Tsunade wondered.

"That baka left. Look what he did to Sasuke-kun!" Sakura cried.

"What! What did you say to him?" Tsunade asked.

When she answered, Tsunade walked over, grabbed Sakura by the throat, and held her in the air. Tsunade, at the moment, planned on choking the life out of her.

"Tsunade, stop! You can't just go and kill her!" Shizune pleaded with her sensei.

"Why the hell not! What she said to Naruto made him leave right after coming back!" she yelled.

At this point Sakura's face was turning color from lack of oxygen. Tsunade finally let go of Sakura and ordered a few shinobi to take the now unconscious Sakura and badly beaten Sasuke to the hospital.

A young girl with indigo hair stood in an alley. She had watched the whole thing. She couldn't move or say anything. She just stood there crying. She was also angry. She had never felt like that towards anyone, but Sakura had done something she would never forgive her for.

End of flashback

That event still made Naruto's blood boil. After that, he had closed himself off from everyone. He would not be hurt again. Shortly after his departure from the Leaf Village, he ran into Itachi and Kisame. They were in need of his services.

Flashback

It had been a few weeks since Naruto left the village. He had taken a few small jobs in the various towns he stopped in to provide the little he needed of himself. He lived in the woods to keep out of sight of people that may try to find him. Naruto was currently packing the few belongings he had when two figures appeared near him.

Naruto knew who they were since they tried to take him away a few weeks earlier.

"Well, well, if it isn't Kisame and Itachi. You guys trying to capture me again for the furball?"

"No, not this time around, kid," Kisame replied.

"Kisame is correct. This time we are in need of your help. We thought it was odd when the order was sent out for us to capture the tailed beasts. Therefore, after our encounter, we did some digging. It seems Madara Uchiha is controlling our leader, and we require your assistance."

Naruto thought about it for a time. He came to the conclusion that he really had nothing left to lose.

"Alright, but what's in it for me?" Naruto asked

"Well, what do you want?" Itachi asked.

"Well, if we manage to pull this off, and I live, I want you two to train me."

Itachi looked at Kisame who just shrugged in agreement.

"We find this to be acceptable. Myself and Kisame will train you if we manage to succeed with this plan," Itachi replied.