Santa's Little Helper

Natalia really did try her best to pay attention to Mr Feeny reading, but when Shawn and Cory sit behind you, it was kind of hard

"Will you stop it?" She hissed, turning to glare at her friend and brother.

Mr Feeny closed the book, and Shawn leaned away from Cory and Natalia and said, "Wait a minute, that's not the end, where's the Grinch?"

"Yeah," Cory agreed. "Isn't the Grinch supposed to show up now and take everything?"

"How come it's called A Christmas Carol anyway?"

"Yeah, there's nobody in this story names Carol."

Mr Feeny looked up from his hand and said, "Ms Hunter will you please switch places with Mr Matthews?"

Natalia sighed, but nodded. Cory and Shawn's faces fell.

"Why do I have to move?"

"We were hustling sharing our view of the book."

"Yeah, I mean, you say literary masterpiece, we say," together Shawn and Cory made a buzzer sound.

"Mr Matthews, I'm less interested into your review then I am that you understand the material. What, in your opinion, was Mr Dickens trying to express in his Christmas Story?"

"That if you're a real butthead, then neat ghosts will take you to beat places."

Mr Feeny was silent for a moment, before making a buzzer sound. Natalia rolled her eyes and leaned back in her seat.

💜💙💜

"Fish and sticks." Cory said, as he Shawn and Natalia say together at lunch. "Two things nature would have never put together. What did you two get?"

Shawn reached into his bag and said, "Peanut butter and jelly. Two things nature couldn't keep apart. What about you, Nata?"

"Tuna fish." She said. "Something nature could have gone without."

Cory looked at the Hunter siblings confused. "Since when did your mom pack you guys lunch? I thought you both liked fish sticks?"

Shawn and Natalia shifted a bit. "We do, but I think it's cruel how the little fish scream when they rip their sticks off."

Natalia shook her head. "They don't have sticks."

Minkus walked up, and said, "May I sit down?" but did so anyway, even though Shawn and Cory said no.

"Ah, Christmas. The season of togetherness. Season of brotherhood."

"Season of wool." Cory added. "Nine out of ten Christmas gifts wool. It doesn't matter if it shaped like socks or a sweater, it's wool, and it's itchy."