Grandma Was A Rolling Stone

Natalia sat in the Matthews backyard watching her brother and Cory collect snails from Mr Feeny's flowers

"Hey guys," Alan said walking out of the hose. "Collecting snails?"

"Yeah, Mr Feeny says we can use then for when we all go fishing Sunday." Cory said.

"Fish don't eat snails."

Mr Feeny stopped and turned to look at the boys, an innocent smile coating his face. "Gee. I guess I was mistaken."

Natalia snapped her book shut, shaking her head. "I tried to tell you, but what did you guys say? Oh yeah, "You don't know what you're talking about, Natalia."."

Shawn rolled his eyes at his sister, as he set down the bags of snails.

"Well whenever you guys are ready, the bass master here is all set to pass onto the younger generation some of the finer points of spin casting."

Cory turned his head to look at his teacher. "Manipulating young and impressionable minds. I hope your proud of yourself Mr Feeny."

Cory handed him the bag of snails and Mr Feeny said, "Indeed I am, Mr Matthews."

Natalia shook her head as she watched Alan help Shawn and Cory over the fence.

"Now, the main thing to remember is that basically it's a simple flick of the wrist. You open the bail, hold the line with your finger, and then it's two o'clock-ten o'clock."

Natalia sighed, opening her book back up, ignoring the boys until she heard a crash. Looking up, she saw one of Mr Feeny's pots had been shattered by Alan's fishing pole.

"Kind of a quarter after three thing you got going on there huh Dad." Cory said as Alan reeled in the fishing pole.

"May a fellow angler try his luck?" Mr Feeny questioned.

"Be my guest, George."

Alan handed him the fishing pole, and Mr Feeny did it flawlessly. Natalia shook her head with a smile, turning back to her book, only to have it rudely ripped out of her hands. She glared at her brother who held her book innocently, acting as if he were reading it.

"Shawn!" She hissed, reaching to snatch her book back, only to have her brother pull it away.

"Come on, Nata." Shawn said. "You should learn how to fish from Mr Matthews! Aren't you going to come with us Sunday?"

"I don't know." Natalia responded. "Probably not."

"Come on, Nata." Shawn said. "You never do anything fun."

Natalia rolled her eyes. "I do plenty of fun stuff."

Shawn shook his head. "Reading isn't fun."

"Don't be saying slander like that." Natalia snapped.