On The Fence

Natalia tugged on the sleeves of one of Shawn's old flannels which was way too big for her, as she made her way into the cafeteria

Natalia tugged on the sleeves of one of Shawn's old flannels which was way too big for her, as she made her way into the cafeteria. Natalia quickly sat at the table her brother, Cory and Ellis were at.

"Hey look, it's Minkus," Shawn said.

He pulled out the water gun he had and shot Minkus in the back of the head.

"Ow." Minkus said flatly.

"Whoa! The 2000 X Hydra Saturater."

"Careful. Feeny see's this baby on school grounds, he'll shag it and I'll have to sit out the water war."

"Gentleman," Ellis said. "And Lady. Meet the Hydro Sat 3000 zip blow your head clean off."

"The 3000?" Cory repeated. "That's not even supposed to come out till Christmas!"

"I know a guy."

Ellis also shot Minkus.

"You really shouldn't do that," Minkus said, putting his book down.

"What? Are you going to melt?" Shawn taunted.

"No," Minkus denied. "I'm going to retaliate."

Minkus pointed his gun at Ellis.

"Go ahead. Make. Me. Wet."

Ellis slowly lowered his gun.

"Wise choice."

"Ah, who needs one of those," Cory said. "For your information, a well-placed water balloon can give you just as much splash for your cash."

Cory walked over to the drinking fountain, filling up the balloon. Natalia quickly slipped underneath the table as everyone pointed their water guns at Cory.

"Like everyone's gonna have a humongous water gun." Cory scoffed.

He turned around and tried to laugh it off.

"How are ya?"

They all sprayed him, making him yell how he'd get one. As soon as Mr Feeny walked in, the water guns disappeared and Natalia sat back up in her seat.

Cory leaned up against the drinking fountain, as if to play off why he was wet. Mr Feeny set down his tray and walked up to Cory.

"Mr Matthews, the drinking fountain is not a toy."

Mr Feeny then proceeded to get a drink out of it, as if to show Cory how it was done. Cory smiled at him, although the smile slowly dropped as Mr Feeny walked away.

💜💙💜

Natalia threw her bag onto her bed in hers and Shawn's room. Natalia gasped when she felt her back being splashed. Natalia whipped around, lifting her blankets up and grabbing her own water gun, and sprayed Shawn.

"Where'd you get that?" He asked.

"A friend let me borrow it." The girl shrugged.

Shawn didn't think much of it, and she didn't want to tell him that it was Daniel.

"Come on, we have to go get Cory."

Natalia nodded. They slipped outside, and took off towards the Matthews.

"Water War time, Cor!" Natalia exclaimed walking into his backyard, Shawn, Ellis and Minkus following.

"WAAAAAAAAAARRRRRR!" Minkus shouted, wearing a yellow rain suit.

"War brings out the beast in Minkus," Shawn smiled, wrapping an arm around the smaller boy's shoulders.

"You kids and your water wars." Cory said. "I'd love to join you, but I'm having way too much fun here."

Ellis gave him a weird look.

"You're bailing on the water war?" Shawn asked.

"To paint a fence?" Ellis continued.

"You say paint a fence, I say party!"

"I say idiot." Natalia repeated, mocking the way he said it.

"And by the way, even if you wanted to I wouldn't cut you in on this action." Cory told us.

"Why not I thought we were friends?" Shawn asked.

"Yeah how come you're cutting us out?" Ellis asked.

"People, people," Minkus said. "Am I the only one who read the Summer reading list?"

The other three boys looked at him.

"Tom Sawyer?" Natalia asked.

"I knew you read it my sweet," Mikus smiled at her.

"Two steps back," Shawn told the blonde boy.

Minkus rolled his eyes.

"He's sucking you in to do the work for him."

Shawn and Ellis suddenly seemed to understand and turned to look at Cory.

"Guys who are you gonna listen to?" Cory asked. "Me or the Banana?"

Shawn and Ellis then turned to Minkus. Natalia tugged on Shawn's sleeve.

"Who are you gonna believe," Natalia pouted at her brother. "Me or brillo head?"

Shawn looked a little panicked as he looked between Cory and his sister.

"Well, let's see," Shawn said. "The banana and Nata say play, you say work. We're gonna hang with the big yellow guy."

"Okay, look," Cory said, pulling out a small wad of money from his front shirt pocket. "I got seven bucks after buying my hydro set and it's yours if you help me paint the fence."

"I say we hold out for lunch," Minkus said. "And that's Mr Banana to you bud."

Natalia laughed slightly, making Minkus give her a lovesick smile. Shawn stuck his hand and Cory gave him the money.

💜💙💜

"What flavor did you bring us?" Shawn asked standing up when Cory came back out.

"Vanilla." He growled. "They're Vanilla with chocolate on the outside just like they've been for a thousand years!"

"I really prefer Heath Bar Crunch." Minkus said.

Cory's face turned red, grabbed the ice cream bar and shoved it in a pot of dirt.

"You do?" He shouted. "Here you go Minkus! Crunch on this."

"Is it just me, or is he copping an attitude?" Minkus asked, crossing his arms.

"I'm beginning to feel unwelcome here," Shawn agreed.

"Water War?" Ellis asked.

"Water War." The Hunter siblings agreed.

"Hey, come on, come on, come on! I paid you!" Cory chased after us. "I brought you sandwiches! I brought you ice cream!"

"Yeah, so?" Shawn and Natalia asked together.

"So imma sue you!"

"Fine," Shawn rolled his eyes. "Have your lawyer call our mom."

"Fine if you want something done you do it yourself." She heard Cory say before we got to far

💜💙💜

Shawn and Natalia ran into the trailer laughing.

"That was awesome!" Natalia exclaimed.

Natalia wrung the water out of the flannel, tugging it off. She tossed it at Shawn, hitting him in the face.

"Nata!" He exclaimed.

He squirted his sister with water again, making her gasp. Shawn and Natalia then started their own water war in their bedroom, successfully soaking everything.