He let her go and she quickly got out, shutting the door behind her. She slowly made her way into the building, pulling her phone out.

She went into Schoology to find her schedule and what number her locker was. She slowly made her way around the school, random people staring at her, some even going outta they way to move away from her.

She slightly frowned because of that. She was upset at the fact that people were being weird already.

Once she found her locker she opened it, using the combinations they gave her.

She soon felt a tap on her shoulder and she turned around, noticing the group of people from the mall.

"I thought you wasn't coming today." Savanna told Journey and Journey looked at her weirdly.

"Today's my first day." Journey told her causing the group to look at each other.

"Bitch.." Nova started laughing. "You needa take a break from volleyball because it's fucking witcho brain cells." Nova said.

"I wish it was volleyball, but she ain't been going to practice. You think it's stress?" Savanna asked Nova, causing her to shrug.

"You been avoiding us for a couple days now. I get you mad at Tyler but what the fuck we do?" Nova asked.

"Tyler?"

"Oh my god." Savanna and Nova said at the same time. "You acting dumb this morning. You probably should've stayed home." Anna added.

"Wassup! Wassup!" Antonne yelled as he walked to the group.

Everybody looked at him which caused Journey to look at him.

"Antonne where the fuck you been at? You was supposed to pick us up. I had to ride in Nova's fucked up ass car." Savanna said causing Nova to pop her.

"Y'all gone quit talking about my baby."

"Girl.. that car old as hell. Seem like it's been here 2 decades before us." Savanna said.

Nova sucked her teeth, "don't do my daddy car. Ion say nothing bout the fake ass chain you be wearing. Shit fading. Neck bout green as fuck."

Savanna frowned, "you know it's my grandma's locket. It's all I got left of her."

"Bitch.." Nova bust out laughing. "You saying it like she died or sumin. She inna whole nursing home, getting it crumped with that one male nurse."

"In another city though." Savanna mumbled.

Journey took that as a chance to leave. She slowly backed away from them, bumping into someone as she did.

She turned around, looking up at the brownskin male. They made eye contact, causing the boy to look at her confused.

The boy then looked up, causing Journey to look up also, seeing the group looking at them.

"Jahmir, I been looking for you." Antonne said as he walked over to them. Jahmir looked down at Journey then back up at Antonne.

"Where you been? Momma was looking for you. You gone get punched on when you get home." Nova said and Jahmir just looked
at her. "You so weird bro." She mumbled.

"Tell me why I saw Zion wit a baller the other day. They supposed to be in a relationship." Antonne said and Savanna gasped.

"Deadass?"

Journey slowly walked away from Jahmir then eventually away from the group.

She was so close to walking out of the school building but decided against it and began looking for her class.

——

"Bye Jasmine." A random waved at Journey but Journey didn't notice it as she looked around for her ride.

Her eyes landed on the group of people who'd been terrorizing her since the mall incident. She was really curious on what the person who they thought she was looked like.

She made eye contact with the boy from earlier, Jahmir. He stared at her, his eye brows furrowed.

She quickly looked away and blocked her face, pretending like she was blocking the sun to avoid them spotting her.

She silently prayed that the boy ain't tell them she was standing here. A few minutes went by an she finally spotted her grandmas car.

"Hurry up and get in." Sheryl mugged her as she got in the car.

"Hi, how was your day?" Journey asked her, causing the older women to huff.

"Why is you talking to me?"

Journey frowned, deciding to keep quiet. The whole ride was silent and even though it's always silent for Journey, it was more of an awkward silence this time.

Journey got out of the car once her grandmother parked. She didn't even make it to her room before her grandmother waved her hand to gain her attention.

"How was school?" She questioned as she glanced out the window then back at her.

"It was okay." Journey shrugged.

Today was weird for her. The teachers didn't even greet her or announce that she was a new student, not that she was complaining about it. She just found it weird though.

Everybody waved and started up conversations with her like they already knew her. She was grateful that people liked her at least, but reading peoples lips all day was getting tiring after 3rd bell.

The teachers also never brought up her being deaf like her other school did. Half the time they talked with their backs facing her while writing on the board, so she basically missed the whole lesson.

"Did you tell them about my hearing?" Journey curiously asked, causing Sheryl to scrunch her face up.

"No, why would I?"

Journey stared at her. Was she dumb?

"Hu- What? Maybe because I can't hear." Journey stared at her in confusion, she was getting more and more upset. "I literally learned nothing today because they were talking, facing the other way most of the time."

"Your not deaf, Journey!" Sheryl yelled at her, causing Journey to huff and begin to walk away until she stopped her. "I'm going out to handle some business. Don't answer the door for nobody, especially John."

Journey nodded as her grandma walked to the door.

"Lock the door behind me." She said and Journey nodded as she locked the door once her grandma left.

She looked around for a minute, lost on what to do now before she decided to just take a nap.

——

A/N: I hope you enjoyed & don't forget to vote.🤎