1

Delaerys' pov
I'm training in braavos when a voice says "princess Delaerys a letter" I ask Olarys "who is it from?" Swinging my sword and he says "viserys. Your father" shit. I nod and pause my training and grab the letter.

Dear Delaerys
I've written you to inform you that your mother and brother both did not make it. Come to kings landing at once
-king viserys targaryen first of his name

Rhaenrya must be distraught. I say "seems father dearest needs my presence" they nod and I nod to my trainer Remoro. He tells me "valar morghulis" I reply "valar dohaeris" sheathing my sword. I go to my room and pack a bag knowing I won't be back in kingslanding for long. I'm princess Delaerys the shunned dragon.

He never wanted me. My mother was kind but there wasn't much she could do with my fathers decision to ship me off and away at the age of 13. I was shipped off alone and made friends. I say "thank you for everything" to them and they hug me "don't be a stranger princess" I nod "I'll be back...hopefully" shouldering my bag and I head outside and whistle and my dragon Maegor lands. His black and red scales shining in the sun.

I pet the large dragon and grin. Vhagar is his mother. I've run into her on my travels. She's doing well. I even mounted her as well. I climb onto the large dragon. I never bothered with a saddle for him. I say "sōvegon" and he takes off

It takes a bit but I get there. I land him by the dragon pit and he hisses and roars in contempt.

I see everyone's confused look and get off

I see everyone's confused look and get off. I pet him gently and he nudges me protectively trying to hide me from the men. I tell him "Gīda ilagon" (calm down) I mutter to him "I will not be harmed Maegor" he grunts and hisses and I chuckle and stroke his scales gently and tell him "Rȳbagon naejot zirȳ se mazverdagon raqirossa rūsīr se tolie zaldrīzoti" (Listen to them and make friends with the other dragons) he huffs and listens.

I watch him go in and I hear him "my darling niece" I chuckle and turn seeing daemon. My only confidante. I walk over and hug him tightly "I missed you" I tell him. He smiles "and i you Delaerys" he cups my face "my you've grown" I smile "the last time you saw me I was 15...I'm 22 now" he grins "and you have a dragon? All of kingslanding heard his roar" as we walk now.

I nod "I've been a bit of everywhere. And I've seen vhagar and spent time with her and she had an egg. And I hatched him. His name is Maegor" he chuckles "the cruel?" I nod "exactly" he gets a horse and helps me on it and climbs on and I wrap my arms around him as we reach the red keep. I pause at the throne seeing Rhaenyra and my father.  He stares me down "Delaerys" "viserys" I reply keeping my head high. He's no father of mine. "You've grown" he notes. I chuckle "yeah. I haven't seen or heard from you since you sent me away at the age of 13. Why am I here?"

"Your mother and brother passed we need to be strong and united as ever" he replies. "I hardly knew her and it's not the first child you've lost" I point out. He nods "and I apologize for that. I really do. But I need you" daemon says "it's the time for mourning. Our house needs to be seen as strong and united. Enemies are everywhere" looking over at me. Rhaenrya comes over "sister" I nod and we hug. She was just a child when I was forced to leave. I smile "you've grown" she nods "will you stay?" I nod to the child "yeah"

I'm lead to the council room and take a seat beside Daemon. I nod seeing the councilmen. Corlys smiles "princess Delaerys! Nice to see you again" Otto asks "what is the shunned doing here? She has no place in court" daemon goes to speak but I do  "I have more of a place here than you do. I am targaryen! Blood of the old Valyria! Blood of the dragon. You are nothing but hand of the king...easily replaceable. And trust me...you will be replaced. Do well to bite your tongue when talking about me or I'll rip it out and leave you mute for the rest of your days."

He snaps "you cannot talk to me like that" "you are nothing but a lord that was given a title beside Viserys. A job. I was born a princess, blood of the old Valyria. You were born nothing." Remind him offhandedly. Daemon chuckles and viserys speaks "you will respect my daughter. The people are urging for a heir." Daemon says "I'm your heir" "so is Delaerys. She has more of a claim." He says. Looking my way. And Otto says "but she is female"

I roll my eyes "I'm aware of my gender Otto. The iron throne and the seven kingdoms would do well with a queen" daemon says "they'll never accept it" "they won't have a choice" I point out. Looking at him. I know how bad he's wanted this. I used to dream of it but I also never got my hopes up. I figured my father would've had a boy by now. I'd be irrelevant when he does but now he has no choice. Daemon says "I'm his heir" he tells me. I tell my father "do as you wish" standing and grabbing my bag and my father stops me "what do you wish" I tell him "I'm a woman. What I wish doesn't and will never matter. I'm just a pawn. You've proven that already viserys. So use me." Walking out. I go to my room remembering the way.

"Del! Del!" It's daemon "yes daemon?" I ask. He motions to the room "can we talk" I shrug and we walk in. It's been changed. Good. I sit at the table I have "what do you want to talk about" "what just happened in there. At the meeting" he tells me gently. "What is there to talk about?" I ask. He already made it clear how he thinks. It's how everyone will.

"You're angry" he notes. I roll my eyes "I am fine and will be. Soon enough I'll be back in braavos and you'll be king just how it's supposed to be" he says "I didn't mean to offend you" "I'm not offended daemon. You're a male and have a cock between your legs that works and I don't. And that makes you more worthy of that throne. Politics" I say. He chuckles "such a potty mouth princess" I roll my eyes "is that all daemon" he leans forward "you are a dragon. If you want something you take it and don't let men like your incompetent father and that small council of small men decide your fate for you. Be a dragon. The rest of these lords are nothing but pawns and sheep. You are not a pawn. You are a queen by the right of blood of the dragon"

"If only things were that easy. If the council and you have it your way I'll be another queen that never was" I tell him. "Nonsense. The dragon you have is bigger than any dragon in that pit. You hold the power to burn it down and build a new." He says. I raise my eyebrow "first I'm a woman to not be chosen and you're the heir and now you're advising me to rage and burn everything. Which is it daemon" he chuckles "Delaerys. If I have it my way you'll be ruling beside me" huh...I chuckle "I'm sure your wife in the vale wouldn't be too happy about that" he scoffs "to hell with her"

He reaches forward and tucks my hair behind my ear and mutters "you've flowered into a fine woman and dragoness" I chuckle smirking "and you have turned into a finer man than you were when I left" there's always been tension and flirtations between us. He smirks "is that so" I nod "absolutely" he looks at the necklace I'm wearing that's made of Valyrian steel "you still wear it" I grasp it "of course I do. You're the only one to ever given me gifts"

He strokes my cheek "you deserve to be showered in nothing but gifts"
I chuckle "I'm a shame and bad omen to our house. Of course I'll never be celebrated" "a shame really" he says and I ask "if he chooses me it won't put a wedge between us right?" "Of course not. Though I'll be disappointed in not being king...I won't hate you because of his decision" he tells me and I nod and he asks "tell me of your journeys!" I nod and that's how we spend our time.