Chapter 21

The next morning, Katelyn awoke to find Caesar next to her. She smiled and said, "Good morning, my love." "Good morning," he whispered as he kissed her on the lips. "How did you sleep?" "Good. Where is Lena," Katelyn asked, looking over to find the other side of the bed empty. "Already up and about. She didn't want to disturb your sleep." "Mmm, I guess we need to get ready for the final fight, today?" "Yes. It will all be over after today." Katelyn sat up and stretched her arms above her head. She slowly moved her feet to the floor and walked into the bathroom to freshen up for the day. She ran the tub water so she could get in, then went to choose a set of clothes. She decided to wear a pair of armored pants with an armored bustier that wrapped around the midsection. She grabbed her boots and socks and sat them with the outfit on the couch, then went to get in the tub. She walked into the bathroom to find Caesar already in the tub water waiting for her. She stripped from her night dress and joined him in the water. She sat next to him in the tub and put her head back as he started to wash her hair. He quickly shampooed and conditioned her hair, rinsing it gently. She turned to him and did his hair, running her hands through his hair. After she finished his hair, they both cleansed themselves before stepping out of the water. Caesar grabbed a towel for himself. He then wrapped a towel around her hair, then grabbed another and wrapped her body. After they were dried off, Katelyn brushed her teeth and applied her deodorant before moving to the bedroom to put her clothes on. Caesar went into the closet to put his on. A few minutes later, he came back with a set similar to hers on, except it was made for his sizing. Katelyn pulled a brush through her hair, then asked Caesar, "Can you help me braid my hair? I really don't want it to be in my face today." Caesar sat her on the bed and quickly worked his way through her hair, tying it off. Katelyn grabbed her Ark and wrapped her holster around her waist. Caesar grabbed his spear and tied it to his back. Katelyn went over to grab her shield, then handed Caesar his. "Are you ready," she asked him as he finished tying off his boots. "As I'll ever be," he said. They made their way down to the kitchen to find the others as prepared as they were. Lena was even dressed in a set of armor that looked to be crafted to her size with a short sword on her hip. "You look so grown," Katelyn said to Lena as they approached. "I don't know if I am ready for today. Eldore and Sapphire taught me some sword moves, but told me to leave the fighting to you guys." "We will all be fine. There will be a group of us working against the Yshrenians, so you shouldn't have to intervene. Have you eaten?" Lena nodded and pointed to a plate with a mostly eaten sandwich on it. "Good, let us grab some food and then we will be ready to go." Katelyn moved to join Caesar where he was making sandwiches. They both ate them quickly. Eldore said, "We should get to the throne room. It's almost time for the Queen's announcement." The group headed down the halls of the castle to the throne room, where a large crowd was gathered around Cisna.

As the group approached, Cisna made eye contact with Katelyn and nodded to her. When they stopped, she started to speak. "We have won a great victory against the Sun King. I thank you for your valiant efforts." She nodded to Cyrus who said, "The tides have turned. Since we drove them off, the Yshrenian horde has reportedly withdrawn to their stronghold on Redhorn Isle." Cisna continued, "But Grazel, he has no intention of backing down without a fight. Either we strike, and settle things once and for all as he has demanded... or face another invasion. It falls upon us to make the effort. We must bring this age-old war to conclusion. Close this chapter of history. Sir Cyrus, gather all our forces! We will bring them the full might of Balandor!" Cyrus and the soldiers gathered around him rushed off to prepare the troops. Cisna then turned towards the small group still remaining. "Eldore, might I count on you just a little while longer," Cisna asked. "Of course," he said with a nod. She then said, "I'm concerned. Leonard means to finish things with Grazel. But we cannot allow him to transform any longer." Caesar said, "You know Leonard. If you want him to stay in the castle, tie those ropes tight." Cisna nodded, so Katelyn asked, "How is he this morning? We tried to alleviate some of his pain and worry last night. Is he better?" "He is up, but not going anywhere. Not until he is better." Yulie asked, "Your Grace, could you keep him with you? As long as you're close by, he won't do anything crazy." Eldore saw the look on Cisna's face as she thought it over and said, "That does sound like a wise choice." "Alright. If that's settled, we will depart for Redhorn Isle at once. You may follow in the Shagna as soon as you are ready." Everyone nodded their heads and headed towards the Shagna.