Chapter 1: First date

Start from the beginning

"RACHEL! YOUR BOYFRIEND IS HERE!" Reuben yelled and I smiled

"RACHEL! YOUR BOYFRIEND IS HERE!" Reuben yelled and I smiled. I walked downstairs and Bradley was waiting for me, the boys and Nat spread out on the couch and floor watching Keeping Up With The Kardashians.
"Holy shit." Bradley muttered and I smiled. I met him at the bottom of the stairs.
"God, I feel like I'm 18 again." I said. 
"That's kinda the point." Bradley said.
"Alright, let's go." I said.
"After you Trace." Bradley said.
"Bradshaw! Have her home by midnight!" Nat yelled after us and I flipped her off and she returned the gesture. 
"You're definitely Nat's sister." Bradley said as he opened the door for me.
"Why's that?" I asked. He shut the door and rushed to the driver's side and hopped in.
"Because you two are just like each other." Bradley said.
"Since day one, her and I have been really close, that's why she's over-protective of me. When our father died, she was only a child and I was still a baby, she was forced to grow up since our mom was never around because she didn't really care for us, so we moved into a friend's house until she was old enough to get a job. Then once she was old enough, we got the money from our parents will since our mom died a couple years later and we moved into our family house, and then she grew up, I grew up after her and when I was in middle school and high school, the boys were there to help Nat raise me and I was definitely going through a rebellious stage, Reuben met me when I was in 8th grade, so Nat and Reuben are definitely the hardest on me but it's because I was a dumb ass for a while." I said.
"What all did you do?" Bradley asked.
"Dyed my hair, snuck out, went to parties, didn't do my homework, I crashed my sister's car by accident, got grounded, got in a couple school fights, made out with people my sister hated. Pretty much do what any other rebel child did in high school, and I also completely repainted my room and bought new furniture for my room and my sister lost it for that and she grounded me for a long time." I said and I thought about me in high school.
"Did Javy, Jake and Mickey know you when you were in high school?" Bradley asked as he pulled into a restaurant that was pretty fancy.
"Yeah, Javy met me when I was in my freshman year, Jake and Mickey met me in my sophomore year." I said and he smiled and got out and he opened my door for me. I took his hand and he led me inside and we checked in for our reservations. We were taken out to the back and there was this cute little shack and it had all of my favorite foods and it had fairy lights and photos of me with my sister and brothers and Bradley, Lia, Val, and my squadrons from over the years. There were also medals from high school, and all of the photos I had taken of myself on my first day of school each year, a photo of me graduating Naval Academy, Flight School and Top Gun with my sister and then another one at my prom, and then other photos of important days in my life. Then there was another photo that caught my eyes and it was Nat holding me when I was probably about 6 or 7 years old with our Aunt and Uncle in the background and I made a mental note to call them later this week since they live in LA and hopefully are settled down, although knowing Dom and Letty, they probably aren't. (if you know who I'm talking about...you'll be reading a lot more about f&f in the future if you stay with me and read my other stories:) )
"Where did you get these photos?" I asked.
"Your sister and brothers helped me out with this. I put up the fairy lights and cooked the food, everyone else put up the photos and everything else that was important to you. I was worried that you weren't going to like it and so I asked Nat for her opinion and she said that you would love it." Bradley said.
"B, this is perfect." I said and he smiled and kissed my forehead.
"Let's eat before the food gets cold and then we can go for a walk on the beach, and look through the photos and get ice cream as well." Bradley said and we sat down and started eating some of the food, and we kept on talking about work and growing up for both of us. After dinner, we walked along the beach and I took off my heels and now Bradley was holding them in his right hand and my hand was in his left hand.
"So, Admiral Smith called me today." I said.
"What'd he want?" Bradley asked.
"Said that I'm getting promoted to Lieutenant Commander when you, Reuben, Mickey, and I arrive, the day after that I'm getting my promotion." I said.
"Rach that's amazing." Bradley said.
"Thanks, Roost," I said.
"Come on, we have to go somewhere off the island tonight and I rented us a hotel and our things are there but let's go." Bradley said as he took me to the car. He opened my door for me and helped me get in and gave me my heels back so I could put them on again, and he closed my door and got in on the driver's side. We drove for about 20 minutes before my mind was flooded with memories.
"Bradley, where are you taking me?" I asked.
"I thought it would be fun to go back into our years and be like seniors again." Bradley said as we pulled up to a very decorated building and it looked so familiar. It was my high school, Point Loma High School. It wasn't on the island, because we didn't have enough money for me to go back then so I got a full scholarship for Point Loma.
"It's prom night, and we're gonna crash the prom," Bradley said as he opened my door for me and helped me out of the car. we went inside and I remember my senior prom, with Val, Dylan, and all of my friends growing up and the boys being there and Nat being there, I just remember everything. We went to the dance floor after taking a bit of the food, and as we started dancing, my right hand in B's left hand and my left hand on his shoulder while his right hand was on my waist, the song that had started playing for the slow dance was Perfect by Ed Sheeran and I started smiling because this song was playing was Tightrope by Michelle Williams.
"Bradley," I said. he hummed, letting me know that he was listening.
"If we ever get married, I want this song to be our first dance song." I said quietly and he smiled and agreed with me. We danced throughout the next couple of songs before my feet started hurting so I took off my shoes and Bradley said that we should go to our hotel for the night.
"B, if it's a 30-minute drive back to my house, why did you book a hotel room." I asked.
"So you could spend the night with me outside of your house where everyone is staying tonight and I thought you and I could have the night just to us." Bradley said as he started driving to the hotel as the radio was playing the background. All I did was nod, and he kept driving. We checked in, got ready for bed in the things that B had dropped off earlier with the boys and spent the night together. The whole night I was in his arms and I had a smile on my face.

A/N: sorry for wait for this chapter. I know it's a long  chapter, the next one has something big coming and I'll try to update by the end of the week