Konoha

She sauntered lazily through the bustling town. Street vendors call out promoting their unique delicacies, and townspeople chat deciding what to try or where to shop next. The delightful smell of barbecue and summertime caressed her senses. 

A figure brushed past her in the crowded streets catching her eye, she turned towards him, seeing the back of the figure drift further away. She knew him, personally no, but she only needed the distinct features to match the description. She called out to him making her way through the crowd to get a better look.

"Excuse me," she called placing a delicate hand on his shoulder to catch his attention. Their eyes met and she smiled, holding her hand out to the man. He looks down at her gesture seeing a couple of folded bills between her thumb and forefinger. 

"You dropped this." She smiled at him brightly, noticing his guard lowering as she studied his features; mid-thirties, average build, brown eyes, mid-length brunette hair, and a large scar running along his jawline. It's him alright, a perfect match, she thought. 

He stared at the money, about 5000 ryos, before quickly glancing to the left, a telltale sign of someone about to lie. He chuckled lightly scratching the nape of his neck, another sign, before accepting the money from the woman. " How clumsy of me! I'll be sure to be more careful. Thank you kindly, Miss." A terrible liar. Before he turns away she harshly grips his wrist, twisting it unnaturally, her gentle smile contorting into a mischievous one. "You really should be more careful...Fushojiki." 

His eyes widen at the sound of his name, the pain emanating from his wrist, and the sudden violent gaze of the white-haired woman. Who was this woman? How did she know his real name? A million questions ran through his mind, she noticed this. "My bad! Allow me to introduce myself. The name's Katsume, but I'm better known as...The Huntress. You...my deceitful friend, really need to work on your craft." She chuckles mockingly. "Not to worry, we can practice your lying skills on the way to the collection office. So, are we going to do this the easy way or the hard way? I, however, find the hard way much more fun."

He stares at her like a deer in headlights, frozen in place--fear conquering his senses. He has ears, and although they aren't what they used to be, he's heard the stories surrounding the Huntress. All of them were utterly terrifying. If her perfect completion rate wasn't enough, she was often referred to as a 'blur of white'. Now he was involuntarily getting the in-person proof of her many nicknames. Her unruly snow-white hair hung freely just below her waistline, with only two loose braids in the front, framing her face, most likely to keep it out of her eyes. Her hair alone took up most of her body, making it all the clearer to the man why others that faced her only ever caught a glimpse of a white blur.

He relaxes his wrist allowing the rumors he's heard to influence his decision. He preferred life, even if it was in a jail cell. She relaxes her tense muscles, appreciative of his cooperation. She forms the hand signs required for her Crystal Cuffs jutsu and watches them take shape around the defeated man's wrists. "I'm glad we could come to an understanding."

Don't get her wrong, she loves the chase, but her main quest was quite the emotional doozy. She figured, however, she might as well do her job along the way. Small bounties here and there as long as they didn't take her too off course. Fortunately, lowlife fugitives tend to have a better understanding of all the nitty gritty information between the nations than the average civilian. Although they aren't the most reliable source of information, she's never had a problem getting what she needed.

Now detained, Katsume walks her fugitive, a firm grip wrapped just above his elbow, to the village's police station only a few blocks away. She found it more convenient than dragging him to the nearest collection office which was two towns away in the direction she had just come. Katsume gives the man a light squeeze to get his attention. He hesitantly looks over to her but her gaze is trained on the road ahead. After a brief silence she speaks up, " I'm trying to find someone and word on the street is: you know everything about everyone. Is that true?" He clears his throat before answering, he was already being arrested so what's he got to lose? "It is...who are you looking for?" She's hopeful but his consistent cooperation was making her suspicious. Maybe she's just being paranoid.