5: The kindness of a not so stranger

Start from the beginning

Then when Peter needed him most, when Mysterio attacked him. Tony wasn't there. Where was he? On some mission somewhere across the world.
Peter had gone to visit him right after the spell had been cast. As Spider-Man of course. He didn't stay long. Just enough to hug the billionaire and run.

Peter wasn't truly mad, no. Not at all, that would be plain selfish. Though he was a bit hurt that Tony hadn't even tried to talk to him until recently. Peter was aware that Tony was busy and the man himself had apologized for not keeping in contact. The teenager understood he couldn't always make time for Peter, it just sometimes felt like he was being ignored.

Peter didn't just feel hurt though.

He had felt forgotten, but back then at least he had Ned and MJ, oh and Happy and May!
But now? He had nobody.

He was truly alone.

"Hey, kid? Can you even hear me? Hello?" A voice sounded above Peter's head, causing him to squeak and look up in confusion.

"Jeez, dude you sure were spaced out." A finger poked Peter on the forehead as the bird-themed Avenger chuckled.

"I-What??" He managed to say after a while, causing Clint to snicker.

"Clint leave him alone." A rather annoyed-sounding Natasha said firmly as Clint went back over to her side.
Peter flashed her a grateful smile, still a bit confused.
The heroine simply nodded. "Peter right?"
"Yes ma'am."

Strange cut-in.
"Well? Let's get the questions done with. I am a rather busy man."
"With the kid here still? Nat, isn't that breaking some sort of protocol? If so please let him stay." The Archer was grinning mischievously now.
"Be quiet, the kid will be fine. Nobody would believe him anyways." The Russian spy said before turning to face Strange.

Peter hid a small pout. While the spy wasn't wrong it still hurt a bit to hear.

"We want to talk about the incident involving Spider-man at the Statue of Liberty." She stated, not hearing how Peter's next breath was forced.

Strange nodded.

Peter was having some conflicting thoughts. Was this a bad thing or a good one? He decided to just keep listening, at least he might know the Avenger's next move.

"You were seen at the accident, is that right Sparkles?" Clint asked with a snarky grin.
Strange inhaled sharply. "Yeah, I was involved in the fight."

"What happened?" Was the Russian's question.
"That's a good question, and to be honest I'm not sure. I believe I cast some sort of spell to make somebody forget a small thing and the spell got out of control. Spider-Man somehow got involved, and some others were involved as well. I'm afraid that is all I remember."

"Who did you cast a spell for?" the lady asked.

"Whenever I try to remember my brain fogs up. I have not the faintest idea." The former doctor explained.

Natasha and Clint both frowned. "Is it possible that the person you cast the spell for was Spider-Man?" Natasha asked.

"Why do you ask?"

"Well, Sparkles, we used to know who the spider was but now we have no clue, you did say you had cast a forgetting spell right?" Clint stated.

Peter stiffened when Strange's gaze flicked towards him for a short moment, to Peter, however, it felt like forever.

"I suppose it is likely, I'll have to look further into that somehow." Strange mused, mostly thinking out loud.

The two spies nodded. "We only have some minor questions, however, those will have to wait till another time. We need to be somewhere." Natasha stated. She walked out of the building directly after her statement.
Clint was a bit more sociable, if that was the right word, on his leave. "Bye Sparkles, by random kid I don't know." He chirped before just leaving.

"Alright kid. You want to tell me more about the spell or what?" Strange questioned his focus now on the curly-haired boy.
Said boy swallowed nervously. "Uhm, not really?" Peter mumbled his words as he spoke.
Doctor Strange looked unamused.

"I'm serious- damnit, what is your name? I don't even know your name. I've erased all records of you apparently and I didn't even take the time to learn your name." The doctor was speaking mostly to himself at the end.

Peter decided it would be best if he told the man his name if only to calm him at the very least. 
"My name is Peter Parker." There, that should calm the sorcerer down a bit hopefully.

"How do I even know you, Peter? I'm not exactly one to hang around teenagers. " Asked the magic man.

"It's a long story, sir."

"Does it have to do with Spider-Man?"

[And that's a wrap! 1506 words in this chapter! I hope you're enjoying reading this so far you guys!
It's really late so good night Stardrops!