YOᑌ ᗯEᖇE ᕼᗩᑭᑭY

Okay, even you had to admit...that was kind of attractive.

     In a really weird, probably concerning way.

     You pushed at John's chest after a few seconds, trying desperately to get air back into your lungs and to get rid of the coppery taste invading your mouth. He pulled back but was silent, staring at you with expanded pupils. Despite your attempts to make some space, he just pressed himself closer to you.

     And then he kissed you again.

     And again.

     And again.  

     The more he did it, the more electric excitement began to flow through your body, making you subconsciously press your own body into his. You hoped he didn't notice.

     He noticed. He definitely noticed.

     Doe pulled away in a rush. Not because of your actions, but because of the rat pack's arrival to the scene. You moved away from the cold man, quickly gathering up your pets before they could eat the remains of Maison's lure and get food poisoning or AIDS or something- you didn't really want to know what Maison carried.

     They looked up at you from their position in your arms, little faces pressing into your clothing in a tiny form of greeting. 

     A figure loomed over your shoulder, watching both you and the rats with affection. You turned and looked at Doe.

     A thought occurred to you.

     He'd taken you to his home, nearly deprived you of your basic needs, taken months of your time while you pined after him, and was just an overall rat of a man-

     -but damn if he didn't look good covered in someone else's blood.

     He gave you an innocent smile, closing both eyes and making you melt on the inside. He really had no right being that cute. 

     You walked up to him, rats in hand, and pecked him on the cheek- but only because he'd saved you, you told yourself. Pulling back and averting your gaze, you tried your best to be nonchalant after the sudden action.