ᕼE ᗯᗩᔕ ᕼᗩᑭᑭY

3 days into the move and you hadn't yet come to regret your decision. Living with (inside of) Talo really wasn't that bad if you ignored his apparent lack of air conditioning; the bed you slept on was comfortable, the neighborhood was quiet, and you got to spend tons of time with your best friend doing the most mundane of things.

Perhaps the only downside was that you hadn't been able to bring any furniture other than a fridge (which was necessary in holding all of your normal human food) which meant your large collection of John Doe pictures had been left behind. Honestly, it was probably for the best, you'd already come to terms with how unhealthy your love for him was becoming and had made a promise to yourself to get better.

Anyways, back on the topic of mundane things, you and Doe Jr. were currently trying to figure out how to make toast in Maison's toaster. It was somehow a part of him so you doubted it worked like a real toaster (his blender was powered by human screams, lesson learned there). While you took the cautious route of slowly trying to stick in a single piece of bread, Doe proceeded with reckless abandon and just crammed as many pop-tarts as he could fit into the little bread slot before smacking it a few times in an attempt to start the toasting process.

When nothing happened, he turned around and left the room, clearly on the look-out for something. He returned a few moments later with Rat Reynolds in tow, dragging him across the floor by the tail while the poor rat dug his nails into the floor, leaving a trail of scratches in his wake. With an expression of deep thought, Doe flung Reynolds over the top of the toaster, shaking him around to elicit panicked squeaks from the furry creature.

As if by some miracle, the toaster lit up out of nowhere, pulling the bread and the pop-tart abomination into its depths. Apparently this appliance was powered by rodent terror, good to know.

Before you could get too invested in the cooking of your delicious breakfast, Maison's lure appeared over your shoulder. He snuck up on you, placing both of his hands on your shoulders and leaning over to whisper something into your ear.

" 𝙼𝚈  𝙳𝙴𝙰𝚁 , 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚘𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚖𝚊𝚢 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚔 𝚋𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚒𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 '𝙾𝙽' 𝚋𝚞𝚝𝚝𝚘𝚗 , " his sudden appearance made you flinch until you realized that it was just Maison standing behind you.

"Yeah yeah, everyone knows that 'on' means power, I was just about to do that," you blushed in embarrassment, trying to play it off as if you knew what you were doing in this living house.

After a quick search of the machine, you realized that there was, in fact, an 'on' button located on the other side of it. Maison was right, the object was still cold and hadn't yet begun toasting your breakfast until you turned it on. You were still going with the whole "rat scream powered toaster" thing though, this changed nothing.

While you were busy figuring out how the appliances worked, Talo's lure was engaging in a fist fight with John Doe. You thought you might've heard something, but when you turned around, everything was completely normal; hairball doe and Maison were playing hopscotch and being the best of friends. You were so glad they got along as well as they did.

You turned your attention back to the toaster, completely oblivious to the bloody brawl going on again behind you. Perhaps the only good thing about your two closest companions being completely unordinary creatures was that they couldn't actually kill each other. Despite that fact, each still went for the throat and aimed to cause as much pain to the other as possible.