chapter-२६

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

ACT 2.— SCENE 15.

Third Person's POV

FLASHBACK

It has been a few months since the announcement of Yudhishtira's annointment as the Yuvraj to the throne of Hastinapur. On one hand, the Pandu family were overjoyed, knowing that they could now live happily, on the other hand, the Kauravas were grieving. Suyodhan was fuming with anger, how could a man who has spent his childhood in the forest, knowing nothing about royal life become the heir to the throne of Hastinapur. He was the Maharaj's son, the rightful owner of the throne, how could he not be the one entitled to it. 

Suyodhan clenched his fist as he saw Yashaswani in the garden, laughing around with her handmaidens, her laughs were feeling like nothing but taunts to him, her voice was slicing through his chest, making him disgusted of even being related to her after all she wasn't a royal blood, was she? She was just a girl who was thrown away by her parents, only to be found by the prior Chakravartin Samrat and his wives but now, this girl, who could have possibly been a dasi in this palace, will now be sitting on the seat maha-mantri and will be ordering him. The mere thought of it was infuriating Suyodhan, to release his anger he threw the side-table next to him on the wall, shattering the vase kept it along the process, he threw the pillows on the floor, the glasses on the table clashed on the wall, creating a clanking noise, alerting the soldiers about his yet another fit of anger. He stood at the balcony gripping the pillar tightly.

Saubal walked in the room, only to see it turned upside down. The glasses were on the floor, a broken vase, partially broken table and upturned bed was a clear indication of his nephew's yet another tantrum. Saubal sighed, wishing that his nephew would think from his mind rather than breaking the décor pieces in the room.

"Mere bacche," Saubal called out in his sickly-sweet tone. "What is bothering you?"

"What is bothering me?!" Suyodhana perked his brow. "WHAT IS BOTHERING ME! MY RIGHTS HAVE BEEN SNATCHED AWAY FROM ME AND YOU ARE ASKING WHAT IS BOTHERING ME!"Saubal winced at the high volume of his nephew's voice. "I have lost everything that I owned, and you ask me what is bothering me?!"

"You haven't lost anything," Saubal pointed out as he stood next to his nephew and overlooked at the princess, who was too busy in playing with the bunnies and pigeons to even care for the uncle-nephew duo, who were clearly glaring at her.

 "Yudhishtira has still not been crowned, he is just the heir apparent not the heir, mere bacche." Suyodhan turned to his uncle. 

"What are you trying to say mamashree?" he questioned. 

"We haven't lost anything Duryodhan," Saubal smirked. "We are going to make them feel as if we have, we will let our enemies enjoy their ersatz victory and attack them when they are least expecting it."